The more overdue I go the less excited/bonded with baby I feel...

Ginaj

Reaction score
Just a rant really.

Baby #2 was due 3rd July and is still no where to be seen. Up until due date I was so excited to give birth and have baby. My first was born 5days late, completely naturally, in the midwife led unit. All very straight forward and positive. I was really looking forward to the same this time round but I’m booked to be induced tomorrow. I really hate the idea of being induced and am feeling very sorry for myself! Each morning I wake up to yet another day of nothing makes me feel a bit more resentful of my body and makes me less excited to meet baby.

It also doesn’t help that so many people I know have been due weeks after me and have had their babies already!

I know there’s nothing anyone can do or say. And I know I’m not the only one fed up with being pregnant... In fact, I’m not bothered about physically still being pregnant, I feel fine and energetic, but now Feel anxious about labour and the fact I’ve started to lose the excitement for a new baby.

The days are so so so long when waiting for babe. I know it sucks, emotional investment in a date and then having that taken from you... it's enough to make ya crack. Not to mention, hormones surged to 11 still!!

Doesn't mean piddly now, but baby WILL be here soon, and after week or so of cuddles, kisses, and no sleep, you won't even remember the misery of going over due. It'll be a joke you tell them when they're older... "you were so stubborn, I was certain you got lost and couldn't find the exit!!"

My second baby was 1 week late. I was so over being pregnant and just wanted him here. I ended up getting induced and after a 5 1/2 hour labour he was born with the cord wrapped twice around his neck. I don’t know if that was why he didn’t come earlier.

Baby arrived on 15th July. Went in for an induction but he was already on his way! 12 days late and I really needn’t have worried about not bonding. He is an absolute babe and I couldn’t love him more if I tried!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->