The most disgusting thing *sensitive, child being tattooed*

Poor little love :( how awful I can't watch the video.

That video is horrifying! How could any mother pin a child down like that and listen to those screams is beyond me. I felt bad enough holding my LO still for her injections! I know the pain of a tattoo for an adult so for a child it must have been terrible and very frightening because he wouldn't understand whats happening! I see the comments under the video people are saying its not any worse than parents who circumcise their infant sons without anesthetic while they are strapped down to a table.

That's so horrible :cry: why would anyone do that to their child :cry:

I can't watch the video, just the thought makes me feel sick!

I can't watch the video. I am completely baffled as to why anyone would want to do, would actually do and would film it. :nope:

So, so wrong.

Is this for real, though? People on here have often referred to the Daily Mail as tabloidy and unreliable....?

I posted a couple of replies on another section but probs more appropriate here....

I am pretty sure there is more to this story, typical of The Sun to go for the shock factor and provide no context.

Yes it is shocking to watch I have to agree. I had also heard about the ID issue that a pp mentioned and also some religious groups tattoo children (including in Egypt for example), so were the parents believing they were protecting their child by doing this?

I am not saying I agree with it by the way, just saying I think there is probably more to it than meets the eye.

Folk do some crazy things in the name of religion fully believing what they are doing is for the best.

Without wanting to turn it into a debate about something else, there are other painful (maybe not so extreme) acts carried out on kids in the name of religion (or not) which are accepted in western culture.

Perhaps she is a member of a small religious group, believing the tattoo will protect her child. In her mind then she is being cruel to be kind, just like many of us do when we have our children vaccinated.

Again, not saying I agree with it, and it's horrible to watch, just hate not knowing the story.

I posted a couple of replies on another section but probs more appropriate here....

I am pretty sure there is more to this story, typical of The Sun to go for the shock factor and provide no context.

Yes it is shocking to watch I have to agree. I had also heard about the ID issue that a pp mentioned and also some religious groups tattoo children (including in Egypt for example), so were the parents believing they were protecting their child by doing this?

I am not saying I agree with it by the way, just saying I think there is probably more to it than meets the eye.

Folk do some crazy things in the name of religion fully believing what they are doing is for the best.

Without wanting to turn it into a debate about something else, there are other painful (maybe not so extreme) acts carried out on kids in the name of religion (or not) which are accepted in western culture.

Perhaps she is a member of a small religious group, believing the tattoo will protect her child. In her mind then she is being cruel to be kind, just like many of us do when we have our children vaccinated.

Again, not saying I agree with it, and it's horrible to watch, just hate not knowing the story.

Whatever the reason, it was horrifying to watch and the fact it was filmed makes me believe it was cosmetic more than anything else, this isn't tribes in Africa with little contact with the outside world, this is someone with access to technology and therefore knowledge, or at least knowledge to say that isn't culturally acceptable.

Plus even if it were cultural or religious practice I would still see it as wrong just as I would female circumcision, along other things. It may be right for them but it certainly isn't right in my eyes.

Whatever the reason, it was horrifying to watch and the fact it was filmed makes me believe it was cosmetic more than anything else, this isn't tribes in Africa with little contact with the outside world, this is someone with access to technology and therefore knowledge, or at least knowledge to say that isn't culturally acceptable.

Plus even if it were cultural or religious practice I would still see it as wrong just as I would female circumcision, along other things. It may be right for them but it certainly isn't right in my eyes.

Don't get me wrong, I agree it is horrifying to watch (though personally I don't see why it being filmed signals it was cosmetic) but I am wary of passing judgement on the parents (esp some as harsh as on this thread) when none of us have any idea what the circumstances are here.

100% illigal to tattoo anyone underr the age of 18 in the UK. Any tattooist that agrees to tattoo a minor should be reported asap. It is child abuse

100% illigal to tattoo anyone underr the age of 18 in the UK. Any tattooist that agrees to tattoo a minor should be reported asap. It is child abuse

I believe this was in Cuba, but I am unsure of the law there, not saying that makes it ok btw!

I agree with pinkpolkadot.
I don't intend watching it but I would like to know the full story.
As she said, people do other things which hurt babies and children but they are deemed culturally ok.
Would it be more acceptable if it was a tattoo of some medical info that could save his life? (Again, I haven't watched so don't know what it was).

I can't imagine what could make someone do that but we don't know the full story and I can't imagine why people do a lot of things to their kids.

I agree with pinkpolkadot.
I don't intend watching it but I would like to know the full story.
As she said, people do other things which hurt babies and children but they are deemed culturally ok.
Would it be more acceptable if it was a tattoo of some medical info that could save his life? (Again, I haven't watched so don't know what it was).

I can't imagine what could make someone do that but we don't know the full story and I can't imagine why people do a lot of things to their kids.

Thank you, I think you have put it much better than I did!

I have also read that in certain places where child abduction is rife it is a way to identify children. Again not saying this is why in this case but there are so many possible reasons.

In New York State you have to be 18 , even with a parental consent to do it at age 16 it is illegal, you have to be 18. I don't know about other states, I thought in New York your child could get it at 16 if you consented and was standing right there as it was done, but no I was wrong. Good law I think ...:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->