• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The most unusual/uncommon boys' names you've heard?

Ecologirl

Reaction score
In a last ditch attempt to find a name DH and I agree on, I just want to put it out there for some new ideas. I feel like I've exhausted all the books and websites. The name thing is really getting me down.

I don't want a common name. I want something unique or uncommon, but I'm not into changing spelling around to achieve that.

Just wondering if anyone on here has heard or come across some boys' names you thought we're quite different? You don't necessarily have to like them - the more ideas I have, the better.

Here are some i like:
Seth (ds1 name )
Eli (ds2 name )
Tobias ( pronounced like ta bi ass )
Koby
Hunter
Ryder
Chayse
Zayne
Zeek
Zac
Dante
Tao
And that's about it lol

Funny you said Tao, I was just googling that. I do actually like most of the ones you've mentioned. Just don't know if they feel right, but I'm keeping options open :flower:

A few names I can think of off the top of my head (all real people) are

Inigo
Gawain
Orrin
Che

I also quite like Valentine, Caspar, Otis and Remy

Thanks, Inigo's interesting as I originally liked Indigo if baby was a girl. I was still keeping Indie in mind, but worried it's more girly?
Orrin is nice :flower:

Just looked Orrin up and one website said it's Gaelic and means "little green one"
Love that meaning!

Yeah that is a nice meaning! (I like green as you can see). I also know an Oriam ('Ori' for short.

I also know a baby boy called Indiana, indie for short. I think a few people scoffed at the name but actually i think it's nice. Not for everyone though.

Yeah that is a nice meaning! (I like green as you can see). I also know an Oriam ('Ori' for short.

I also know a baby boy called Indiana, indie for short. I think a few people scoffed at the name but actually i think it's nice. Not for everyone though.

I'm not sure about Oriam/Ori as my name is Lori so it's a bit close. If I could possibly find the right full version for Indie then maybe, but you've given me some names to think about. Thankyou, xx

Aldous
Oakley
Mander
Red
Jago
Gerens (Gerr - enz)
Sawyer (love this)
And also Tao (love it too!)

Yeah lori and Ori is a bit close! A last thought, my friends son is called Jet.

Anyway good luck with finding something! Let us know what you choose

Hi there! I've got a few suggestions for you.

These are ones I like:
- Phoenix (I love it. Stage name of American actor, Joaquin Phoenix, and I also love the legend of this bird)
- Darwin (I know everyone isn't keen on it just because of the infamous scientist, but I love this name eversince grade school)
- Enzo (I love cars so was inspired by the Enzo Ferrari)
- Caspian (a name of a prince in the book "Chronicles of Narnia")
- Ari (pronounced ARR-ree and means lion in Hebrew)
- Kenji (Japanese, means intelligent second son, but if meanings are essential as the sound of names to you, then this probably wouldn't work if you're going to have your first child hehe)
- Ares (everybody knows this Greek god of war, attributed to mean strong and warrior)
- Jazer (JAY-zer, it's Arabic, means the helper, can be counted on)

Hope I've helped =)

Thankyou, am loving all these suggestions. You're giving me a lot to ponder over. Phoenix, Enzo and Ari are prob my fav out of that last lot :flower:

I heard the name Acis on tv a while age, kinda like it!

Alister/Alistair
Dorian

Goodness, I love a lot of names mentioned here, especially Tobias, Phoenix, and Caspian.

Thought of more :)

River
Amos
Reuben
Asher
Zeke
Nikko
Desmond
Emmett

Alister/Alistair
Dorian

Goodness, I love a lot of names mentioned here, especially Tobias, Phoenix, and Caspian.

there was a little boy at toddler swim called caspian the other day - he got stuck on the flume

Caspian's nice. It's just getting harder and harder to find ones I haven't seen before. I've been googling unheard of boys names, I just want something really different, and I've added Raven, Roan (which is a colour name - dark brown) and Isis to my list. I don't know, I kinda like Raven and enviro science/conservation/animal behaviour/ birds are my thing. Any thoughts?

P.S. I used to work with Peregrine Falcons so was even tossing up Talon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->