The mysterious case of the diminishing cycle!

lauraloo24

Reaction score
Ok so i'd been on the pill for 7 years and came off on 12th September. Periods before the pill were regular as clockwork every 28 days.
First cycle after coming off the pill - exactly 28 days, whoop whoop I'm thinking, my body is going straight back to normal. Next cycle - 25 days. The last cycle - just 24 days! Has anyone else had this after coming off the pill and being regular before, is this just the norm till body gets back to normal? xx

I wish I had some advice. Coming off the pill for me was almost a dream. No withdrawal bleed, only some pg symptoms until my first af. My cycle has stayed, spot on, 28 days .

Good luck though! I would hate if my af's were any closer together! It seems the 3 weeks is just enough time to relax before getting h it again =(

I have been regular AF cycle for almost 10years and just went off BC in August. The first AF came on schedule :thumbup: then the second cycle was 35 days, and this one showing signs of longer......so, I don't know.

I came off the pill in August after being on it for 16 years. Had normal withdrawal bleed then 35, 32 and 28 day cycles. I'm not sure whether your cycles will continue to get shorter but maybe they'll even out soon x

I'd give it another month to see if it gets into balance again.
Your body has been on an artificial cycle created by the pill. So,needs time to adjust.

Thanks ladies for all your comments. And hope any of you who are having trouble with your cycles find things regulate soon! I'm finding this 3rd AF since coming off the pill is a lot more like how I remember them being before I went on the pill - more painful and heavier. So maybe this is my body returning to normal.... we shall see! As long as the cycles don't get any shorter then thats fine! Still got several months before we think of TTC so am pretty positive things will have evened out by then. Guess this is why they encourage you to come off pill way in advance of TTC, I wouldnt have enjoyed trying to work out when I've been o'ing the last few months! That being said, going to start temping and doing some OPK's over the next few months, out of interest. xx

It's really common to have irregular cycles the first few months coming off BC, I wouldn't worry yet. :hugs:

I came off in March and mine went 34, 34, 30, 32, 28, 30 ... then I got pregnant pretty much by accident and am now 8 weeks 2 days! I had been on the pill basically constantly for around eight years, but I remember being pretty regular beforehand. Apparently, some women in a study reported cycle disturbances up to a year after they stopped taking BC - I know this because I was doing some very frantic and obsessive Googling in the time leading up to my pregnancy as my cycles were starting to freak me out, but as you can see, it didn't affect my ability to conceive and I'm sure it won't affect yours! Good luck. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->