The mystery of the faint, faint line... (or is it the outline?)

BadMamaJAMA

Reaction score
Hello, forum!

I'm in an extremely happy relationship (not married), and both of us are open to the idea of having kids. My SO already has a seven-year-old (whom I adore) and we'd like to expand our family together. Of course, our money situation isn't ideal... we both make a good bit but have student loans, etc.

Here's the scoop (sorry if any of this is TMI): I got off the pill two months ago and we started using the "pull-out" method. Maybe 2 weeks ago, we had a little "whoopsie" and decided not to use emergency contraception. My period is due in two days.

Two nights ago, I experienced bleeding. It started earlier in the day as the faintest, brown color that I barely noticed when wiping. Then there was nothing until after we had intercourse, at which point I was wiping off red blood. I assumed this was Aunt Flo, cried a bunch, put in a tampon, and went to bed.

The next day, I change the tampon and there's pretty much nothing on it. (Again, the slightest brown tinge in one spot). The next day (today), still no more bleeding. So I decided to take a pregnancy test right after I woke up.

There is the *FAINTEST* line in the test box. The other line is deep blue. This one could arguably just be the outline of where the second line should be.

I realize the answer is just to wait and test again. But I was hoping someone here had a similar experience that could keep me from losing my mind while I wait.

Thank you!

Here's the test in question... thoughts? https://i.imgur.com/AGitGm0.jpg

I can actually see a faint line too! Having said this, I'm no expert and I'm sure others will have more experience. :) Good luck!

Thanks! I heard bad things about blue dye tests (learn something new every day...) so I decided to take a digital test instead... negatory.

I guess I'll just wait for my period or a positive result... whichever happens first.

The digital would be negative now if this is a real positive because its so light but I definitely see something. I would retest with an frer and if you get a faint line with that brand then I would say you are preggo.
Just for fun I tweaked your test and it looks like a real line but I don't want to get your hopes up.
:test: :test: lol I will be stalking.

Didn't buy another brand of test, but got this result 5 min. after POAS this morning...

https://i.imgur.com/GJZbtFi.jpg

Will take my remaining digital test in 2 days. If it's neg, I'll buy the FRER. I feel like I'm spending more on tests than I would maternity clothes right now...

I would take that as a positive Hun it has gotten darker since the last one!

Here is my tweaked versions this is the first one
https://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q734/kirstiedenman/9AD6E855-DF64-47B7-98D7-DF2B4A728CA3-1195-00000098CFD060A3_zps3fd5dc5f.jpg

This is the second one
https://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q734/kirstiedenman/36828EC0-A5B5-48BA-8E76-13E42CE89ED3-1195-00000099287274F2_zps7cb17ff0.jpg

It is much darker I would say tomorrow morning you should get a positive on a digi but in saying that I don't know how sensitive your digits are.

The ones in aus that I have used have the conception indicator and they showed up with my first pregnancy before I got a positive on a frer and then this time after I got a faint pos on a frer. But I am going to say :bfp: I think Hun!!!!!!

I think those are both positive! The digital wasn't sensitive enough for sure... Hopefully it'll turn pos when you test next if you don't want to buy more tests try and hold off even one more day since hcg can rise slowly

Woo Congrats, Looks like a positive to me! When I became pregnant with DS it was super faint like that for a few days, also!

Looks like a BFP to me but i would take a frer. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->