The nesting has begun.... Thank goodness!!!! Anyone else??

caitlyn2009

Reaction score
I went through a crazy 10 weeks of nesting with my daughter... my house was spotless! I was hoping it would return again this time and it has!! Thank goodness because my house was in shambles. I have been cleaning non stop and getting rid of EVERYTHING. We are having a yard sale in August and it is gonna be HUGE lol

Is anyone else an early nester?? I love it because I normal hate cleaning, but now it's like I just can't stop my self :)

I was actually talking about this with oh tonight saying I wonder if the nesting will come again and if so when...with ds1 I went through a cleaning stage that involved everything to do with bleach I was scrubbing and mopping everywhere the smell of bleach to me was amazing I loved it and I was cleaning high and low! I normally hate cleaning and hate the smell of bleach so it was very strange for me to be obsessed with it... My oh said he hopes mine returns again so the house will be nice and clean :haha:

I'm jealous! I don't think nesting has quite kicked in for me yet. Does everyone get it? Once I start cleaning, I have to take many breaks as whenever I don't, I start getting braxton hicks. I hope it come in soon though. My house is ok but I would love it to be pristine. OH would probably love it too :haha: I've been pretty lazy since about 18 weeks due to horrible back pain and obviously the braxton hicks concern me. I can't even walk to the shops without getting them and the back pain is just constant. Maybe when I'm further into the third tri?

In 3rd tri and still not there haha. Maybe it will change when I move.

I've had it for a while but not for cleaning for sorting out!! I've done a whole sort out of the house and in the process of trying to sell/get rid of stuff we don't need. I'd love to get into the loft but too dangerous. I'm sure once I've cleared the junk I'll start the scrubbing lol. I'm like this usually anyways though. It's just finding the time and energy to do it sometimes

It started for me about a week ago. I've been throwing tons of stuff away, trying to clear out the to-be nursery. I've been using my coupon skills to stockpile toiletries and today I even bought a bunch of diapers and other baby supplies. I even took a couple days vacation from work just so I can clean and organize.

We have a long way to go. This house is still a wreck, but I've been cleaning nonstop! I can't stop!!

Sorry tinymumma but I don't think everyone gets it. My best friend never did lol I really just wanna meet my little man and somehow cleaning and getting everything ready for him makes it seem a whole lot closer. Plus my daughter loves it cause I found a bunch of her toys that were missing lol

Sorry tinymumma but I don't think everyone gets it. My best friend never did lol I really just wanna meet my little man and somehow cleaning and getting everything ready for him makes it seem a whole lot closer. Plus my daughter loves it cause I found a bunch of her toys that were missing lol

Well I have just over 12 weeks to go so hopefully the nesting will set in soon. Speaking of, I have a whole bunch of chores to do today and I should really get started but I'm a crazy thread stalker :haha:

Me! My dh hates it because he knows I'll involve him in it, haha. Today I started detail cleaning the restroom. I'll be on my hands and knees scrubbing the base boards and crevices. I think I have it twice as bad because I'm a huge germaphope.

I have been nesting a bit. Partly b/c I'm making myself do it now before I get too big and miserable. We just go the furniture moved around and moved our older boys to rooms upstairs so we could have the baby on the same level as us. My house has been a lot cleaner since it all began ;)

the only kind of nesting I've done is seperate the baby clothes I've got into gender, sizes, and type. I honestly wish I had the energy to clean my house..I'm a messy person and my house is bugging me with how messy its become. I tried to clean up some of my living room the other day and got maybe half way done with it before giving up. And its back looking like a hurricane hit it, mainly because my dog decided to chew up a mcdonalds cup. >.< I hope I get my energy boost soon.

My nesting started around 27.5 weeks. All a sudden, I couldn't get enough of doing laundry! I just wanted to wash everyone's clothes and fold them all neat! lol it was ridiculous. It's subsided a bit now, but that could be because I think this baby is head butting my cervix and it hurts to walk, let alone bend over and try to clean anything.

Mine has started at what I am assuming is a very early date - only 16 weeks into my pregnancy! I'm the same as a pp with the bleach. I clean EVERYTHING with a bleach and water spray bottle (careful not to breathe in too many fumes, of course!)

But I think mine has to do mostly with the fact that we're packing up our house to move back to Canada from Asia in 2.5 weeks. Usually, we procrastinate and pack everything very last minute. This time, I seriously had everything ready to go into my suitcases 4 weeks before we leave, with post-its about what goes where :haha: Our home is spotless right now. And I've given away more than 50% of my clothes and a bunch of household items. I'm just buzzing around like a bee all the time wiping things down and throwing things away! I can't even imagine how intense it's going to be further into the pregnancy and when I'm actually organizing baby's stuff. But DH is loving the super clean home...although I do make him help me out, which he doesn't totally love!

YES!! Last time I don't think I really got it, but then we renovated a house and moved in at 38wks so the early packing and painting probably fulfilled any urges. I did manage to unpack all the moving boxes except keepsakes and winter clothes in 36hrs though!

So far by 23 weeks I have sorted and stored all the baby clothes from before. Cleaned out several large cupboards, organised DS's clothes and toys and arranged the loft. This weekend I powered through the wash basket, cleaned the dishwasher, oven and even de-scaled the kettle and coffee machine!! TBH the level of cleaning I did this weekend, was what I was like before I was pregnant the first time - only in a much larger home. I love it! Hope the enthusiasm stays. I got really frustrated with the house being messy when my son was born.

My nesting started around 27.5 weeks. All a sudden, I couldn't get enough of doing laundry! I just wanted to wash everyone's clothes and fold them all neat! lol it was ridiculous. It's subsided a bit now, but that could be because I think this baby is head butting my cervix and it hurts to walk, let alone bend over and try to clean anything.

I want this kind of nesting! I currently have so much washing that needs to be folded but can't seem to find the energy as I swept, mopped, did dishes, cleaned the kitchen and scrubbed the tiles. Sigh, our room is so horrid right now due to the pile up of clothes to be folded. Off I go, I guess

Ive been nesting too. My nursery is already done and awaiting baby. And I've moved on to the rest of the house. I am getting ready for my wedding reception. It will be in our house as well as the garden. Im so excited. Oh is getting fed up with me and my obsession over a clean house. Poor thing has had to deal with a bridezilla and my nagging over a clean house. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->