Reaction score
Hiya Ladies,

A little about me.........

Kelly (me) 34
John (DF) 27
No Children.....yet!!

TTC since July 2010
BFP 22/12/10
Emergancy scan 20/1/11 following a small bleed on the night of the 18th.
Was told the sac was empty - embryonic pregnancy/blighted ovum.
Follow up scan/MMC re-confirmed 31/1/11
ERPC 3/2/11

I bled on and off in varying amounts/colour for approx 3 weeks. I suspect that amidst those 3 weeks (21/2/11) I had my first AF although I did not have any symptoms as such, just very mild cramping
I have had nothing since and feeling a little confused as to what is going on!!
I have been half expecting an AF round about now, I am sure I've ov'd (been keeping a check on my CM) and had definate EWCM around time I should have ov'd?????? Oh boy I didn't think for one minute this TTC malarkey was going to be so confusing

I started taking Mumomega yesterday and of course taking folic acid and vitamins way before we even TTC.

Feeling positive but would just love to know where I am in my cycle, I do appreciate it could be all mixed up but like I said I'm sure I've ov'd this month but still no af........but no pg symptoms either!!!

Should I test just to make sure or am I grasping at straws???

If anyone has experienced similar any advice would be embraced

Thank you for reading..........if you got this far and wish you all lots of luck and baby dust for your BFP's!!!!

Kel XXX
Report Post Reply With Quote

:hi: LelliKelli

I'm sorry for your loss :( I know it's THE hardest thing to go through.

Honestly~ I think it's hard to judge EWCM after a mc because it's actually an after effect on the mc~ so it **MIGHT** be O or it might be because your hormones are getting back in place. There is a good post about this~ I will try and find it.

That's awesome you're taking your prenatals and such! Does your DH take a vitamin???

I would say it can't hurt to take a HPT, I would just to see where you are at. I'm also a fan of OPK's so you can know with more certainty if and when you O! :hugs:

https://www.babyandbump.com/miscarriage-support/673-miscarriage-facts-myths.html

Waiting on period

The most common recovery:
Your bleeding will taper off to spotting within a week, and maybe random spotting will continue for another week. Your hCG drops steadily, usually hitting zero during the end of the spotting, or about 10 days after the miscarriage or D&C. When the spotting ends, you will get strange symptoms. If you use a fertility monitor, it may say you are ovulating, but you are not. You may see lots of cervical mucus coming out, sometimes still brown or yellow, but it is not a fertility sign either. In fact, most of the time, you will not ovulate in this cycle. You should not be trying to get pregnant, either.

Some women find they have mild pregnancy symptoms, or little ovulation cramps. Many many women think they could be pregnant, because strange things are happening and their period is "late" (although almost every post-miscarriage period is late.) These symptoms are due to the body's attempts to regulate its hormones again. It may kick into gear right away, and you will get a new period in four to five weeks, or it may struggle a bit, and the period will not come for seven weeks. If you chart your temperatures, they will be all over the place. This is all perfectly normal and expected. Eventually your period arrives and can be either light or heavy. There is no "normal" right now.

A less common, but still normal, recovery:

Your bleeding tapers off quickly, but with some spotting. You think it is over. Perhaps a week or even two will pass, and you begin to wait for your period. Then suddenly, it begins again. Strong cramping, heavy bleeding, and pain. You are scared and shocked and sad all over again. You hope it is just your period, but it is not. (You must not bleed at all for about 20 days for it to be a real period, otherwise you have not gone through the hormone chain properly.) You call your doctor, who may or may not be responsive. Most will just tell you to call them in a few days if it doesn't stop. You hang up very upset, and don't know why they don't care more about you and your predicament.

That's because within a few days, it does stop, and you are just spotting again. Here is what happened, some tissue was missed during your D&C or natural miscarriage. A bit of placenta clung to the wall of the uterus. It continued to draw a little blood, and the body continued to create very small amounts of pregnancy hormone. Eventually the body realized no baby was there and turned loose of this last bit of tissue. The miscarriage process begins again. Only now will your levels drop to zero and a new cycle begin. You cannot expect a normal period any sooner than four weeks from this, and up to seven weeks could still be normal. Your total wait time from original miscarriage to first period can creep up to nine or ten weeks and still be normal.

https://www.babyandbump.com/miscarriage-support/673-miscarriage-facts-myths.html

Waiting on period

Your bleeding will taper off to spotting within a week, and maybe random spotting will continue for another week. Your hCG drops steadily, usually hitting zero during the end of the spotting, or about 10 days after the miscarriage or D&C. When the spotting ends, you will get strange symptoms. If you use a fertility monitor, it may say you are ovulating, but you are not. You may see lots of cervical mucus coming out, sometimes still brown or yellow, but it is not a fertility sign either. In fact, most of the time, you will not ovulate in this cycle. You should not be trying to get pregnant, either.

Some women find they have mild pregnancy symptoms, or little ovulation cramps. Many many women think they could be pregnant, because strange things are happening and their period is "late" (although almost every post-miscarriage period is late.) These symptoms are due to the body's attempts to regulate its hormones again. It may kick into gear right away, and you will get a new period in four to five weeks, or it may struggle a bit, and the period will not come for seven weeks. If you chart your temperatures, they will be all over the place. This is all perfectly normal and expected. Eventually your period arrives and can be either light or heavy. There is no "normal" right now.

Your bleeding tapers off quickly, but with some spotting. You think it is over. Perhaps a week or even two will pass, and you begin to wait for your period. Then suddenly, it begins again. Strong cramping, heavy bleeding, and pain. You are scared and shocked and sad all over again. You hope it is just your period, but it is not. (You must not bleed at all for about 20 days for it to be a real period, otherwise you have not gone through the hormone chain properly.) You call your doctor, who may or may not be responsive. Most will just tell you to call them in a few days if it doesn't stop. You hang up very upset, and don't know why they don't care more about you and your predicament.

That's because within a few days, it does stop, and you are just spotting again. Here is what happened, some tissue was missed during your D&C or natural miscarriage. A bit of placenta clung to the wall of the uterus. It continued to draw a little blood, and the body continued to create very small amounts of pregnancy hormone. Eventually the body realized no baby was there and turned loose of this last bit of tissue. The miscarriage process begins again. Only now will your levels drop to zero and a new cycle begin. You cannot expect a normal period any sooner than four weeks from this, and up to seven weeks could still be normal. Your total wait time from original miscarriage to first period can creep up to nine or ten weeks and still be normal.

GREAT response with a lot of info! Thank you!!

Honestly~ I think it's hard to judge EWCM after a mc because it's actually an after effect on the mc~ so it **MIGHT** be O or it might be because your hormones are getting back in place. There is a good post about this~ I will try and find it.

That's awesome you're taking your prenatals and such! Does your DH take a vitamin???

I would say it can't hurt to take a HPT, I would just to see where you are at. I'm also a fan of OPK's so you can know with more certainty if and when you O! :hugs:

Thank you :flower: so much for your reply. It really helped.

There has been no need to test today the :witch: has arrived!!!
I'm relieved in a way but been feeling a little sad. I had discounted a BFP this month, at least now I can start monitoring my cycles and look forward to a BFP in the coming months. I think I will invest in some OPK's just for my piece of mind.
Thanks again Kel XX

Waiting on period

Thank you for this very helpful info, I relate to most of it to be honest. My mind has been put to rest today with the arrival of my af. I can now look forward to the coming months which will hopefully result in a BFP!!
:hugs: Kel xx

Thank you :flower: so much for your reply. It really helped.

There has been no need to test today the :witch: has arrived!!!
I'm relieved in a way but been feeling a little sad. I had discounted a BFP this month, at least now I can start monitoring my cycles and look forward to a BFP in the coming months. I think I will invest in some OPK's just for my piece of mind.
Thanks again Kel XX

Aww... I know it's sort of bittersweet to get AF... a bad reminder- but also a good thing because you know where you are.. and honestly ~ your body IS better off if you wait at least one cycle - if there is one thing I can say for sure is that my first AF was SO heavy and it stopped for 3-4 days and then started up a little again- made me realize I am glad I did NOT get pregnant because my body was definitely not ready ... and God forbid I DID get preggo and something happened again~ I would blame myself for not waiting at least one month as advised. So, it's just your body healing and getting back to where it needs be so you can have a little :baby: make it's home in there!! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->