The not so straight forward arrival of Mckenzie

sleeping bubs

1 son and 3 angels
Reaction score
Well what can I say, my pregnancy was going ok until my 36week check with my midwife, she said I was measuring 33weeks so she made a phone call to the hospital and booked me in for a scan the next week. Had to wait a week before having my scan, which was horrible as I was at home worrying as I had finished work. After the scan I had to go into the clinic and see the consultants, a midwife came in and took my blood pressure she said it was a little high so took it again on my other arm, she then tested my wee and said there was +1 protein in it. A doctor eventually came in and said that my little boy was really small est weight 4lb and I could possible have pre-clampsia. So they admitted me onto the pre-natal ward for observations I had to do a 24-urine collection to test the amount of protein and have my bp taken every 3hrs. And Mckenzie's heart rate monitored 3times a day. I was eventually let out after a week as my bp hadn't gone up any more and there was only a trace of protein.One of the other reasons I was ket out because there where no neonatal cots available in the hospital. So basically they said I had pregnancy induced hypertention. I had to go back the next day for a scan (37weeks) then another scan at 38weeks at this scan they booked me in to me induced at 39weeks. So I went in on Monday 7th September at 11am straight to the delivery suit (In case anything went wrong). So I was induced Monday morning which really didn't do anything and by Monday night nothing had really happened I was only 2cm so my partner was sent home and I was given some pethidine so I could sleep. The next morning I was sent on a few walks around the outside of the hospital after lunch I was told to go for another walk but was in too much pain so I had a bath, but that didn't really worked so they gave me gas and air and as I sat on the birthing ball, Mckenzie's heart rate dropped, my partner buzzed the midwife (Had happened earlier that day so we were to keep an i on it) she came and shouted for the doctors to come in as his heart rate wasn't raising again, in the end she pressed the emergancy button and about 10 doctors and midwifes came rushing in. One midwife turned on the heater for the resuscitation unit. A doctor examined me and found I was only 3cm so said I needed a C-Section (this was at 14:15 tuesday) as I hadn't had an epidural I was given general intersection. And Mckenzie was born at 14:31 Tuesday 8th Sep 09 weighing 4lb 8oz with an algore sore of 9 (they wanted him to go to Nicu but the surgen said he came out kicking and screaming therefore he was ok!!) I finally saw Mckenzie at 16:00 when my partner and the midwife brought him into recovery and I breast fed him. We were then taken to the post-natal ward where I wasn't allowed to get up for 24hrs and was connected to a morphine drip. Mckenzie was under transitional care where a nurse came over every 4hrs to help with feeding, they looked after him some nights too. We were eventually discharged a week later. Mckenzie is on Nurtriprem 2 to help him gain weight. He was born well under the 0.4th centile line, he is now on this line weighing 10lb 15oz at 4months, so he is gradually putting weight on. We are now waiting for his review appointed from Nicu!!

Awwww sorry you had such a ruff time :(:(

congrats hun

Wow that did sound tough and scary. But it sounds like you where in very safe hands and they treated you well. congratulations

just looked at book and the hospital did the weight conversion wrong he weighed 2.03Kg at birth which is 4lb 7oz not 4lb 8oz lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->