The official 'Ive seen Harry Potter and need to talk about it' Thread *spoilers*

Tezzy

Mum of 2 TTCAL
Reaction score
ok so i just this min got home from seeing Harry Potter and the half blood prince. The cinema i went to has HUGE screens and it was brilliant to watch

ok so here goes!! :happydance:

i was trying not to hype myself up in fear of being let down by the movie.. i didnt read the book again beforehand to refresh my memory so as not to taint the movie for what it was. (its first on my list to do after writing this post!)

the movie was great! they missed some key scenes of course like the meeting of the two ministers and the scene where harry is told that sirious' house is his. fleur and bill arent in the movie and neither is rufus scrimgour . they also missed the scene at the gaunts house the apperition test and the scene where they get their OWL results is missing too. and the final battle/funeral is all missing.

a few things really bugged me like the person playing horace slughorn isnt as fat as the book makes out :rofl: i know only a little detail but it bugged me! also the film shows luna saving harry on the train but in the book it says tonks :dohh:

ANYWAY!

i still think the movie was fab, in spite of lots of scenes being missing i think the content what was there was amazing and really informative. i LOVED the love scenes between Ron/Lavender, Harry/Ginny. ive never giggled so much!

my fave scenes in the movie were when ron sits between harry and ginny holding up a plate of mince pies and simply says 'pie?' and i thought the scene at the spiders funeral was really funny too.

i cried at the end where mcgonagall tells harry that dumbledore thought highly of him and i cried again at the end when harry and hermione were talking about not returning to hogwarts and going to find the horcruxes together.

so yeah! really really amazing film! i could have walked out and walked straight back in to watch it all again!

*big breath* so there are my views on the movie :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Not reading yet! Going to watch it at 5.30! Was gonna go at 6.15 but no tickets left :shock: Was your cinema mobbed? When my mum went to pick up the tickets she said there was loads of kids in the queue dressed up :cloud9:

the showing i went to see had TONNES of spare seats.. about 50 or so :shock: but then again it was at 11am and most children are still in school here. i had prebooked tickets but one guy behind me came up and bought 12 tickets.. how on earth he thought he was gonna be garenteed tickets i dont know :rofl:

the shows from 1.15pm are all fully booked (said on the screens 'full' next to them all) and theyre fully booked until monday! :shock: there was only 1 child at our showing, he was about 10 and i saw his mum take him out at a few points.. makes me wonder wy they bothered bringing him :dohh:

I'm not seeing it untill Saturday!!!!!!!!!!! Ah!!!!!!!!!

I saw all the others the day it came out. This is killing me :rofl:

tell rich to mind Caitlyn and you go out!

Nah he wants to come with, and my mum said she'll have her Saturday night, so I must wait......................... AHH!

i haven't seen it yet ...
but i read a story on perez i think
someone committ suicide because he read some spoilers somewhere or something
:/ so crazy

:dohh: i couldnt resist lookin at your spoiler lol.. did u read my earlier post about my mix up.......... so annoyed i gotta wait til friday now!! xx

Can't wait to see it, read your spoiler though, I hate it when they miss stuff out, I would happily watch the 9 hour film exactly as the book tells it haha

hey i also went at 11, my cinema was packed.

on the whole i thought it was good and i loved the funny bits

i also loved the ron/harry/ginny/pie scene
although i was dissapointed with some of the things missing, and what was that scene with the burrow burning down all about, i felt they missed out some of the important elements out for setting the scene for the next film, i.e the cup, significance of the locket etc

but i always feel like this after watching the film for the first time, think i need to go see it again now to enjoy it more.

hey i also went at 11, my cinema was packed.

on the whole i thought it was good and i loved the funny bits

i also loved the ron/harry/ginny/pie scene
although i was dissapointed with some of the things missing, and what was that scene with the burrow burning down all about, i felt they missed out some of the important elements out for setting the scene for the next film, i.e the cup, significance of the locket etc

but i always feel like this after watching the film for the first time, think i need to go see it again now to enjoy it more.

yeah what was with the burrow burning down!? i would have rather seen a more important scene put in instead of something that wasnt even in the book :dohh:

I've seen it! Loved it. Apart from the fact that the cinema was absolutely BOILING!! For whatever reason, the air con wasn't on and jeebus, a jam packed screen with back to back screenings all day was BOIIIILIINNG! SO many people complained, i will go watch it again when its all calmed down. Its currently on 5 screens at my cinema and all of them are sold out :rofl:

yeah yesterday we had to queue to get in (luckily we got great seats as we were near the front of the queue!) and they were showing it every 40mins and every single show was sold out by 3pm :shock:

I too didnt get the point in the burrow scene... Id rather they added the House of Gaunt memory instead. I think it was an important part of it because it shows where the ring comes from. The next film is gonna need to explain the importance of what the horcruxes are and why he chose them (the cup the locket the ring) else how are Harry & co gonna find them?! Also, they didnt explain that Tom Riddle murdered his dad to splice his soul and make the first horcrux. Quite disappointed they left that scene out actually.

It bored me. It could have been over in 20 minutes. Only one main thing happened (The death) and the rest was 2 hours and 20 minutes of watching teenagers being moody and flirt. :(

Why did I read your spoilers? I'm disappointed before I've even seen it now :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->