The official 'Ive seen Harry Potter and need to talk about it' Thread *spoilers*

Lol saw your FB status toria and just looked in general chatter and saw you were the last to post in this section and before i even read what you'd just put i was just coming on to say what you doing in here missy your going to spoil it for saturday!! lol I've managed to not read and skipped to this bit but still haven't seen it yet grrrrrrrrrrr.

I went to see it yesterday.. I was a bit disappointed, but my boyfriend loved it :)

Ha Ha I'm dragging my OH to see it tomorrow night soo excited. Not quite sure how I got him to agree so easily, thought I would have had to con him by saying we were going to see another film and "accidentally" getting times mixed up :dohh:

Oh im desperate to c it but do u think theres any chance of getting tickets for tomorrow, wasnt even thinking and didnt pre book! Kx

i went to see it on wednesday an dragged craig(non harry potter fan.. read no books or seen films) an i loved it! it was a bit dark an missed out quite alot from the book but i still loved it :)

Loved it .. perfect mix of dark and humour

Thumbs up from me!
The three main actors are definitely coming into their own. I loved the flirting and tension between the teens. They did a very good job of it and it was a delightful part of the film.
I also loved the lighting in this film. Hogwarts did seem really really beautiful.

Okay I don't know how to do the spoiler button so

SPOILER ALERT!!!! STOP READING HERE!!!!

I completely agree about the burning burrow scene. What did that accomplish in terms of storyline? We know that the Deatheaters are really really bad. We didn't need that scene at all to hit that home for us. Did not understand why that was there.
I also felt that a better understanding of what a horcrux was should have happened in this film. Why not go into the ring and Dumbledore's hand and tell the Gaunt story? That would have explained a few things that could have used more detail and would have set up the danger and importance of the final horcrux scene even more.
Apparently the final book is being made into two films, so I can only assume we'll have horcrux info coming out of our ears in those.

we went friday night too see it. I have to see them even though overall they always disappoint me and they miss stuff out of the movies, i know they can't fit it all into 2.5 hours of film but it kinda ruins the image you build up in your head when reading the books.

DP LOVES the films because he hasn't read any of the books, but have told him he now needs to read the books to see all the stuff they miss out.

They did however get a selection of scenes spot on, infact at one point i was sat there thinking 'i am positive i have seen this before!' I hadn't seen it before it is just they has done it so damn well that the image I had in my head from reading the book was identical to the one they had managed to create on screen

arghhhhhhhhhh can't wait for the final one, I had heard they were doing it in 2 parts, is that true?? and anyone any idea when it is due out???

Finally went to see it last night!
I thought it was good, but I was slightly disappointed. Especially with the lack of the fighting at the end..
I also though they focused in too much on humour and the little romances, but I think that's because so many people thought the last film was "too dark".

The last film is defo going to be split into 2 films which Im very glad of! Rhys Ifans is playing Lunas dad! Also Fleur and Bill are cast so I wonder if they'll add the fenrir scene in which bill gets attacked at the start of the next film before the wedding or if bill wont be scarred? Part I is coming out in november next year apparently, and part II is coming out quite soon after in the summer of 2011.

Yeah I kind of liked it but I don't know if I would have if I hadn't read the book. There was so many things left unexplained that the film didn't really flow for me it seemed a bit disjointed. I loved the sets and the costumes I thought the whole thing was very cleverly filmed and the actors were fantastic, but for me the script let it down a wee bit.

im re-reading the book now (i didnt reread it before seeing the film on purpose!) and im now reading all the little details they left out! :hissy: lol

I can't read the books as I fall asleep when I read anything, wish I could though lol

I am adicted to the movies and will watch them again and again and again. I loved the Half Blood Prince but wish more of it made sense to me.

Can somebody just tell me who the woman was with Bellatrix Las Strange?

I have never seen any Harry Potter movies nor have I read any of the books. I took my younger sister (11, a huge fan of HP) over the weekend and we loved it. She had to explain a lot to me though as this was my first time seeing anything Harry Potter. :dohh:

I liked it. It wasn't what I expected, lots of funny and cute parts.

i cant decide wether to re read the half blood prince or go straight on to re read the last one!!

At last I can read this thread! We went to see it at IMAX this afternoon and I'm pretty disappointed... I was soooo excited about it too :(

There were so many things that bothered me.
1: Not saying anything about the horcruxes and that they will be special things linked to Hogwarts.
2: The random Ginny does a special grown up thing with the potions book meaning that Harry's not going to know where Ravenclaw's diadem is, though I don't suppose that matters as he won't know to look for it.
3: The total absence of anything about the Half Blood Prince beyond the last scene with Snape and the title.
4: I don't even need to begin with how crap the not-fight scene was with Harry hiding out below stairs and nothing doing at all, not to mention the absence of funeral.
5: The Burrow fire was odd and the chase pointless.
6: Why did they bother with Fenrir Greyback at all in that scene when nothing happened in the fight and no relationship with Lupin was mentioned?
7: No splitting up having just got together with Ginny scene.
8: What was with the Beetleguese style clothing on McGonagall and the girls in the slug club? It was totally out of place when everyone else was in normal clothes or robes.

Overall I felt it was wishy washy with the best things removed and a number of less good meaningless things added, most of which actually diverted the progress of the story as opposed to assisting it. Having watched all the films and read all the books quite recently I think this is probably the least effective adaptation even if the filming was nice.

The imagery was good. Imax had a nice 3D scene at the start though it too added nothing to the story really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->