The one, the only, Peter Joseph!!!!

philly1982

Mommy to my gorgeous son!
Reaction score
Hello all,

milk monster is fast alseep so thought i would write my birth story. Forgive the essay but there is lots to say.

First off i'm a type 1 diabetic who was told from the very beginning i would have my baby early. Usually 38 weeks. I also suffer from clinical depression which my tablets had to stop throughout the pregnancy. I wasn't coping too good so they decided he was to come out at 37+2. Fine by me!

Went in monday 26th of July at 10.30am. Stopped for a quick maccies breakfast! :thumbup: Was shown to our room in the labour ward but was not seen properly until 2.30pm as they had a rush on. Was given a new pessary which on needs to be given once and stays in for 24 hours. Great, nice and easy or so i thought. Nothing really happened that day, until about 2.30am when i started getting very bad pains... thought they were contractions only to be told they were just 'tightenings'. Couldn't cope with the pain so asked for some relief, to which i was informed that because i'm allergic to codiene i could only have gas n air or and epi and as i wasn't in established labour i couldn't have that yet.

Waited till 4am to recieve the bloody gas n air. Stupid mw must have forgotten about me so Mart went and sorted them out as he could see how much pain i was in. Gas n air was great, can't remember a thing about what i said but Mart still chuckles about it now. Managed to get some sleep but woke up at 8am tuesday with the pain getting worse and the gas n air not doing a damn thing.

Doc came round about 12pm and i just broke down, i was only 2cm and needed som relief. So she told them to brake my waters and give me an epi. I couldn't thank her enough. The epi was a god send. As soon as i had that i passed out and slept for a few hours:sleep:. Then due to my diabeties that had to put my on a machine that gives me a constant supply of insulin. Plus the hormone drip to get the party started. However i have really crap veins and couldn't get the canulas in. My arms are covered in bruises from all the wonderful doctors who 'wanted to have a go'! In the end i managed to have one in my arm and the other in my foot.

Anyway, i was dialating very slowly, Mart was passed out snoring through the night to which the mw's were coming in having a chuckle with me. I couldn't sleep as i had to have my blood sugars checked every hour. :nope: By 7am wednesday morning i was 9cm and by 8am i was ready to push. Doc came in and told me the first hour of pushing would have to be done to turn the babies head and he was looking to the left. No problem i thought, i'm great and pushing, give me a magazine and i'll be well away!:coffee:

Boy was i in for a shock! Pushing is one of the hardest things i have ever had to do in my life! It was so painful. I was crying to the mw's saying i didn't want to poo in front of them. I was so tired from no sleep i just kept saying 'i can't do this, i need help please!'. After an hour they called the doc in for some help. He looked at me and said 'no'. You will have this baby in the nest 30 mintues to which i started crying again begging him for help. 3 big pushes and the head was out, Mart ran down the goal end (to which he swore he wouldn't do) and looked at the head coming out. All i remember is Mart shouting his head is out push!!! So i pushed like a biatch and he flew out!!!:happydance:

The relief was imense, the put him straight on me and we all just started crying. He was beautiful and so small. we were told to expect nearly a 9lb baby so when he popped out at 7lb 6 we were in shock. It was the toughest thing i have ever done but would go through it everyday of my life for him. We are totally in love, he really is the best thing we have ever done and has really brought us together as a family.:hugs:

Now i'm trying to recover. Boobs are so sore and i'm trying not to sneeze or laugh in fear of wetting myself.

Sorry for the eassay and thanks for reading

xxx

Attachments

• 054.jpg
    054.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 004 - Copy.JPG
    004 - Copy.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 22
ah Philly, such a long haul, but so worth it in the end! Thank you for sharing the story with us :) congratulations again!

That was an amazing review. I bet you are soooooo delighted now you have LO in your arms :)

Which hospital did you go to, it sounds like they did a great job (and I am in the w.mids too - so might want to transfer there ;) ) x

lovely story and a handsome little man - well done! :hugs:

Hey congrats Philly...well done..your ickle baba is just perfect and sooo beautiful! xxx

That was an amazing review. I bet you are soooooo delighted now you have LO in your arms :)

Which hospital did you go to, it sounds like they did a great job (and I am in the w.mids too - so might want to transfer there ;) ) x

I went to City hun. The mw's were brilliant. Cant recommend them highly enough! xxx

Well done Philly and congratulations to the both of you!

awwww congrats.....wot a little corker he is xxx

Hey Philly, ahhhhh.... WOW at long last he is here, I still cant quite believe it, you have a little baby...In some ways it feels like ages but in others its just flown and here you are a Mummy!! and a beautiful little boy at that!! He is lovely huni... Great story, you did so well to remember it all...Sounds like you had a great birthing partner in Mart, Congrats to you both huni... Hope you are starting to feel a little better now and not so sore... I bet you look at little Peter and need to pinch yourself, bet it does not feel real, cant imagine how you feel right now, paradise and cloud 9!! Well done huni xxxx

congrats on little Peter. He is just gorgeous!

Hey you,

How's it going? How's little one behaving for his Mummy?

Do you have more of a pattern now, things settling down?

Hope all well xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->