the pope and condoms

Most beliefs of this sort tend to orginate in social control, particularly of women by men. Though hundred of years ago before there was contraception there was an argument for sexual restraint in order to minimise the number of children and the risk of maternal mortality. Or alternatively there being the need to have lots of children to make up for neonatal loss which was so high. Whatever your take on it, it is indeed outdated as dragonfly said.

I still dont get it lol......its not like u are ending a pregnancy or stopping an egg that has already been fertilised. Sex is meant to be enjoyed between two people that love eachother...its not just for making babies!

Hahahahaha im assuming your not catholic then :)

I am a Christian (C of E not Catholic though) and I do find the popes statements a little odd as the Bible does say that sex is also for enjoyment between a husband and wife. The Bible is very clear on the topic of abortion but it does not make any statements saying that contraception is not allowed, obviously at the time the bible was written this would not have really been about so the closest we can look at is the bible does say that it ok for husband and wife not to have sex at certain times of the month, therefore suggesting that a form of birth control is ok.
I dont believe is saying that religion is 'outdated', I dont agree with the pope's comments for the reasons given but I would never say that the Bible is outdated and shouldn't be followed.

Redpoppy, you made me giggle! :haha:

I'm a RC but have lost all respect for the Pope following some statements he's made over the last few years to the extent that I'm now considering christening my daughter as Protestant rather than Catholic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->