The Puree Thread

mrsholmes

Reaction score
Hiya, thought I would start a thread to give each other ideas on puree's. We are no longer BLW for sereval reasons but im starting to run out of ideas.

Today had for lunch - Broad bean, apple and parsnip

apple and sweet potato is good, just bake it together and than puree :thumbup:

carrot always purees well, and apple and pear too. maddi used to love parsnip and carrot too :D
another sweet potato fan over here, and also you could try avocado mashed with a little milk :)

also hon, this was a fav. of maddi's the website it fab for puree's too :D
https://www.annabelkarmel.com/age-range/babies-6-9-months/recipes/easy_chicken_recipe

brocolli and pear is nice

butternut squash and parsnip

Broccoli & cauliflower is a good one. I running out of ideas now, done all above?! x

Sweet potato and peas
Sweet potato and carrot
Potato and cauliflower
Potato and leek
Carrot and parsnip
Banana
Banana and avocado
Banana and mango
Banana and peach
Apricots

What a great thread idea MrsH! Just starting weaning now and so doing all of them on theirt own but will look here for ideas once no allerghies have been established x

the hv did say not to bother with first tastses, i did start on single purees but he soon got bored!

last night I did a packet of steam veg from tesco , beans, cauli and carrot with a cheesy sauce.

Ive also pureed prunes bit of a mare to push through a sieve (cos of the skins) but Scott loved them with apple and squash

I have just done M a papaya, pushed it through a sieve but it is very watery so am gonna mix it with some baby rice.

mango and banana
blueberry and banana
have heard avocado and pear is good too - but haven't tried it yet.
blueberry, apple and pear.
spinach, sweet potato, parsnip and carrot
courgette, sweet potato and carrot

I have just done M a papaya, pushed it through a sieve but it is very watery so am gonna mix it with some baby rice.

did it go through ok?

have started just blending now not pushing through a sieve his face is a picture lol!!

are you able to freeze all these? and how long will they keep if so? x

I've done spinach, beet, potato, sweet potato, rutabega, butternut squash, apple, pear, banana and avocado - I mix and match them and add them to rice or barley as I wish. I am going to try one that I heard of - onion in mango at some point - there's also daikon radish. Oh, and I've pureed some cilantro too.

So far she loves apple and sweet potato - not super fond of beets, but will eat it out of curiosity for the colour - too cute - she grabs for it, sticks it in her mouth, then makes a face!

;)
A

u cant freeze banana, and normal pototoe dont freeze well.

I forgot about beets!! gonna try them!!

Im not blw because, he was gagging and being sick with nearly everymeal (which is to be expected) then we had a proper choking incident!!!! Ive never been so scared, I perosonally dont see the benefits to out weigh the risk. so purees it is till hes older and has teeth at least

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->