The quick arrival of Jack William!

Connah'sMommy

Reaction score
So here is the full story :)

On sunday night I posted a thread in 3rd tri asking if it was a good idea to jump OH to try and get things started...the advice was a big 'hell yes' from the ladies that replied so I went for it!

Really not expecting it to work of course just as these things never do...

So we had done it at about 10.30pm and by 11pm i was getting mild contractions. 4 mins apart lasting 1minute each.

I waited until around 1am and by now i was in quite a bit of pain with hardly any break inbetween. I could breath throught them but only just.

We arrived at L&D at 2am and see right away, i was examined and found to be only 4 cm.

I was a bit gutted as i thought to myself...'you have a long way to go yet!'

I completely forgot about wanting to use the pool:dohh: i just had some G&A and went with it.

OH was sitting around eating:dohh: I was up on all fours on the bed,on my side on the ball...everywhere! walking around alot too...

One not so good thing was when i threw up allover the room:dohh: Thats what you get when you have too much gas!

By 5am i was asking when id be examined again as i was feeling quite a but of pressure. Waters still hadnt gone so they said in 10mins and we can break your waters:thumbup:

They were really busy so didnt get back to me til 5.30am (prob delivering OH's cousins baby as she was a few rooms down:haha:!)

By this time i was saying i had to push...the feeling came out of nowhere...i was laying on my left side and the mw just came and had a peek and said 'Oh there go your waters...and here comes babys head!'

They quickly got everything together and then i heard one of them say that baby's head was out....apparently i said...'Fuck off youre kidding? it didnt even hurt!':haha::dohh:

I didnt feel the sting or anything it was that quick:wacko: His body was a little difficult to deliver though!

So, at 5.48am Jack William was born weighing a huge 9lbs! I was soooo shocked! I had no tearing or grazes and honestly....peeing is painless! Im chuffed!:happydance: :haha:

I lost a bit of blood after but got away with only iron tabs which is great as it meant no IV etc which i didnt want:thumbup:

Overall it was another really straightforward birth...i had no real 'plan' or anything and i am a bit gutted i didnt use the pool but honestly, i couldnt have asked for a better experience.:happydance:

I was all set to go home after Jack had his checks but the doctor found something a little worrying.

Jack has a sacral pit at the base of his spine. They cant see the end of it and are unsure if it goes all the way through to his spine or not.
He has to have an ultrasound at sheffield childrens hospital which was meant to be done today. Unfortunately they had no time so were just waiting on an appointment.

Im not 100%sure what they think they might find or what it could mean for Jack but i have a rough idea.
They skirted round the subject and i dont feel like i got a proper explaination:shrug: we saw 3 doctors today and not one mentioned what it may be.

Like i said though, i kind of have an idea but until he has the scan im trying not to worry too much.

Other than that Jack is perfectly healthy and happy :D

Were home now and settled and Connah absolutely adores his little brother! Im so proud:cloud9:
IMG_20110830_075723.jpg

IMG_20110829_183559.jpg

Congrats! Glad you had good birth experience. Look forward to the full birth story :) xx

Congratulations :) Welcome to the world, Jack!

Awww congratulations hope everything is ok with him

:happydance:

Oh I've been looking on 3rd tri for an update! Congrats and well done x

wow congratulations! :) I hope his scan goes ok today x

congrats!! WELDONE!! and hope your jacks healthy and happy! :) xx

Congrats hun, i hope everything is ok with jack x

He's really beautiful :) What time did your OHs cousin have her baby?! Louise (who has Archie and Oscar) has some experience with what Jack has I think...she might be able to help (I'll point her in your direction) x

awww congratulations hun i saw his ics on fb hes gorgeous . 3 out of 5 of my boys were born with a sacral dimple and pin point hole. did they shine a torch on his back to see if they could see the end?. if when you have the scan the hole is closed off then it literally means nothing its a condition called spina bifida occulta which doesnt affect them in any way, my eldest is 13 now and his dimple is very deep, he calls it his extra a~*~hole lol. i think people panic when they hear the spina bifida(and this is maybe why the docs are being cagey) but this is honeslty harmless and is a hereditary trait, does he have a hairy patch at the bottom of his back?, Oscar does and this is another sign of it. my mw and doc didnt even notice oscar had one until i pointed it out to them
i have no experience what can happen if the hole isnt closed but surely if his spine was affected they would have noticed on your scans try not to worry too much. i hope the scan goes well for you hun and is clear. if you need a chat i have you on facebook im louise evans x

Huge congratulations sweetie! Jack is gorgeous! Well done you :D xx

awww congratulations hun i saw his ics on fb hes gorgeous . 3 out of 5 of my boys were born with a sacral dimple and pin point hole. did they shine a torch on his back to see if they could see the end?. if when you have the scan the hole is closed off then it literally means nothing its a condition called spina bifida occulta which doesnt affect them in any way, my eldest is 13 now and his dimple is very deep, he calls it his extra a~*~hole lol. i think people panic when they hear the spina bifida(and this is maybe why the docs are being cagey) but this is honeslty harmless and is a hereditary trait, does he have a hairy patch at the bottom of his back?, Oscar does and this is another sign of it. my mw and doc didnt even notice oscar had one until i pointed it out to them
i have no experience what can happen if the hole isnt closed but surely if his spine was affected they would have noticed on your scans try not to worry too much. i hope the scan goes well for you hun and is clear. if you need a chat i have you on facebook im louise evans x

Thanks for replying hun, He doesnt have a hairy patch its right at the base of his spine and they cont see the end of it. They did shine a torch on there but couldnt see very well as to wether it went all the way through or wether it was just a dimple.

Were still waiting for a scan date at the childrens hospital as they dont do it at ours so hopefully we will know soon what it is:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->