The quick birth of my second child

moonbeam_sea

Reaction score
Baby #2, Diana Leilani was born on May 2, 2011 at 9:52 PM in a super quick delivery at 41 weeks exactly. I started getting regular contractions about 3 minutes apart at 6 pm. By 7:45 I called the on call doc with my clinic, but she said to wait until they were consistently 1 minute long as they were only 45 seconds. Well, they never reached that. We had called my aunt over to watch our son. We were all watching a hockey game on TV, though I was focusing more on the contractions than the game by that point... ;) As soon as regulation time of the game ended, I knew I had to go in, contraction timing right or not. The contractions were just getting too strong. (I'm so glad I have been through this before or I would have waited for the contractions to get to the doctor's magic number and would have had my daughter at home with only my hubby and aunt for support.)

We got to the hospital at 9:32. I was dilated to 6 when they checked me at 9:43 in the triage room. They had me walk across the hall to an open delivery room and they paged the on call doctor with my clinic. Well, I was barely there when I had an uncontrollable need to push. At about this time they were getting alarmed because they lost my baby's heart rate. They were setting up to try to get an internal monitor on the baby when I told them that I had to push. The nice nurse checked, and sure enough, I was fully dilated and baby's head was right there. They quickly got a doctor who was there as my doctor wasn't going to make it in time. With one push, my daughter's head was delivered, and with another she was fully out. She was 6 lbs 11 oz, so smallish for a 41 weeker (at least compared to my son who was born at 39 weeks at 8 lbs 3oz), though at 20.25 inches, she was plenty long. Only needed one stitch, so a huge improvement over the tear from my large headed son. ;) She's been doing great since, though we had a 48 hour hospital stay for a fever last week, but all is well now. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->