the real birth story of my 2nd little lady

samzi

mummy to issy,alice&luke
Reaction score
Ok, birth story time...

Arrived at the hospital around 9pm on the 23rd july as i had been having contractions since about 7pm, they were coming every 2 or so mins so i got told to go to the hospital. We arrived and i got taken to the labour ward where i was monitored for a while, all was fine so that was stopped. I went to the loo and some of my plug had gone - very exciting! Not sure what time it was exactly, possibly 9:30 when they checked me and i was about 5cm, so i got taken to a delivery room.

It must have been around 10:45 when i felt the need to start pushing, so i got on the bed and was sucking on the g&a. Not sure about timings for the rest of it but the next thing, im pushing and pushing, werent getting very far really, then my waters were right 'there' as the mw told me and they decided to pop them. So they did that and Alice had pooed inside me - thanks love! :lol:

A little while later after even more pushing, they decided to check me as i wasnt progressing much. They realised i was 8cm but that alice had gone from being head down to a shoulder presentation. In came rushing someone with the portable scanner to check her position better, and yep sure enough she had turned sideways. There was no way i could have pushed her out shoulder first.

So i get a consent form to sign, and get rushed to theatre, still having contractions and having to try so hard not to push. We get in there and they prep me..catheter, spinal, screen up etc and they begin. I didnt feel anything which is obviously good! Not even a lot of tugging really.
OH was next to me and we were just talking about random things, next minute we look over to the side of the room and there is Alice...not breathing but heartbeat there...que a terrified me crying my eyes out. OH was so strong for us both, couldnt have gone through that without him.
They had to help her to breathe, she wasnt breathing for about 3 mins. That was the longest 3 mins of my life. Eventually they got her breathing and got her all cleaned up and gave her to us..she was so beautiful and i couldnt believe she was finally here..all the trauma was worth it. She was born at 2:01am weighing 8lb10z.

They fixed me up and after about half hour we got skin to skin and she started to breastfeed :cloud9: By this time it was about 3:15am and OH had to go home. I got taken to the ward where i just stared at Alice all night,i didnt sleep one bit that night.

Now its 8 days on and i get very teary when i think about her birth, how it didnt go as i had hoped it would. But the main thing is she got here safely in the end and i now have my family complete. My 2 girls and my OH.

Must have been very frightening experience and I can see why it upsets you but like you said she is here safely and that is wonderful!! Thanks for sharing story. Congratulations. :flower:

Oh my! Cant believe she decided to turn at the last minute lol

Congratulations!!

That sounds so scary, but I'm so glad she's safe and healthy!!! Congratulations!

Congrats!! Glad she made it safely, even if it wasn't as planned! xx

wow congrats that is so scarey.. i just finally made it on to your birth story :) she really is such a beautiful little girl :) congrats again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->