The safe arrival of Macy - 30th September 2010

E

ellaandcallum

I had a sweep on Wednesday afternoon at 39 + 5 weeks, to be honest didnt expect it to work as the cervix wasnt too favourable and still wasnt due for 2 days. However, as the hours passed by I started to get niggles, mild period pains, backache etc. At about 7:30pm I started to time the contractions, they were coming every 3-5mins but not really strong but they did feel slightly different to braxton hicks, lower down and they had a bit more of an edge to them.

I went to bed at 11pm, I knew I wasnt going to sleep as they were quite painful, but wasnt really getting my hopes up as I have had 2 false alarms already. I got up for a wee and noticed I had lost my plug and there was some blood. Got back into bed and felt something odd, like a pop, so off I trot to the loo again, unsure if my waters were trickling as there was pink fluid in the loo. So once again back into bed to get straight back up again, and whoosh!! There was no denying that, lol! So its now about 12am, shouted the hubby, paniced, arranged childcare, rang hospital and off we went.

Immediately the contractions were coming stronger and more painful so was glad to get the hospital.

I was taken into the delivery room to be examined by a midwife with a speculum as for some reason she didnt believe me that the waters had gone. She was trying to tell me it was just discharge, I said to her my knickers were drenched, you could ring them out, lol, so then she examined me again and then more came out. She then told me I was only 1cm and the cervix was thick and long. Another midwife came in and gave me a mini ultrasound for some bizarre reason, I think they could of been checking how low the head was, very strange. Given my lack of progression I was told to either go home or go up to the labour ward, but my hubby would have to go home. I was so disappointed. All the way up to the ward I was having stronger contractions and when I got up there was given gas and air, and the midwife on the labour ward couldnt believe I was sent up in so much pain. So some time passed, hubby was still with me, thankfully, and about 2:30am she said that really hubby would have to go but would I like to be examined to see if there had been any progression, she didnt think there would be but I was 3-4cms, yay, established labour at last, so back to the delivery room, where things started to go very quick.

I did request morphine but was advised that as I have quick labours not to have it as it crosses the placenta and could cause the baby to have breathing problems, so obviously despite being in soooooo much pain I said no. I was examined again about 03:30ish and was to my delight 6cms, but straight after that I kept getting this urge to push but as there was still quite abit of cervix there I had to try not to. At about 04:00 I really needed to push so I was told if I really wanted to I could try. What made it worse for me was on every contraction I was getting cramp in my leg and that ontop of a contraction was awful. I then had to have a catherter as I was drinking so much, so they used this long thin tube to put in places that now make my eyes water, lol, this happened twice!

I nearly had to have a vontouse delivery as she was not recovering very well after a contraction so a doc was called in, feet in stirrups and had to push like I had never pushed before, it was very painful and was still getting the cramp. Then at 05:07 my bundle of joy arrived weighing 7lb 8oz, she didnt need the suction cap, I managed to do it on my own, but out of my 3 children this was the worst and most painful delivery, but was my quickest. The labour was 2hrs and 37mins, no tears, stitches nothing, just lots of lower back pain in my coccys and I still have a sore leg from the cramp. We are both doing well, although I feel like I have done ten rounds with Mike Tyson, I am so achey, even my jaw hurts lol from all the gritting and shouting lol!!!!

Despite everything, she is worth it and is so gorgeous, we went home the following afternoon.

Good luck to all you new mummies, I forgot how tiring they can be and the amount of washing I've had already lol and good luck to all you ladies about to have your little ones. A big thank you to all of you for all your support over the last year and would not of got through it all without you. :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Attachments

• benedamiroslav080700018.jpg
    benedamiroslav080700018.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 337
  • sky.jpg
    sky.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 40
well done lovely shes gorgeous so pleased for you all!!! like you what with having the same gap i think i have forgotten how tiring etc it is but really cant wait now!!

enjoy every min lovely xx

Awwww well done hunni, your birth story was great!! Congratulations xxx

Congratulations and a big well done - sounds like you went through it, but she is gorgeous!!! xxx

Congratulations on your beautiful little girl :) xx

CONGRATULATIONS!! xxxxx

Conggratulations sweetheart shes a cutie! x

congratulations, so nice to see a pic, what a little sweetheart xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member