The Stop Smoking Support Thread

Croc-O-Dile

Reaction score
I was for sure there already was one, but it seems not!
I can't be the only one who's fighting to quit smoking, right?

I was a smoker for 4 years and had no plans on quitting anytime soon before I fell pregnant. I quit smoking during my pregnancy and have been doing really well up until tonight. I'm ashamed to say that I gave in and had a smoke. :nope:
My great-grandparents are staying with us for the time being because my grandmother is in poor health, suffering from dementia. (I live at home) It's been really hard on me as I have a legit phobia of elderly people. I know it sounds terrible, but I'm being serious. It's really only the incoherent elderly that I'm afraid of, which sadly is what my grandmother is 99% of the time. I just have to suck it up and deal with it though because she's my grandmother and I owe her the respect of seeing her through this. I'm not going to let my phobia make me a bad granddaughter, kwim?

I just had my DD last month, so I'm still trying to adjust to being a STM. And now I'm having to adjust to living & dealing with one of my biggest fears. So far, I've been okay. But tonight (well, last night, since it's 6:30am here), she was just a wreck. She kept getting out of bed, getting lost, and then just screaming. And when my mom ran to the corner store to pick up sugar at 1am (it was the first bit of down time she'd had all day) my grandmother broke down crying because she took me literally when I said that she "ran to Wawa for sugar," so she thought my poor mom walked there at 1am and was convinced she wasn't going to make it back! :nope:

I've had a total of 4 hours of sleep, which normally I wouldn't complain about since it kind of comes with being a mom, but then I have to deal with my grandmom, which is honestly harder than dealing with Olivia.
So that's when I gave in and had my first cigarette in 9 months (since I was already a month along when I quit) :cry:

I feel horrible now, and really needed to get that all out. But I thought that since there are bound to be other ladies trying to quit, it'd be better if I started a group for us to support each other through this.

So, who's with me?

I am a non-smoker, but just wanted to stop by here & tell you that I support you! I know you can do it! Both of my parents were smoker for about 30 years-- and they managed to give it up! If they can do it, so can all of you! Be strong!

Thank you! :hugs: Glad to hear your parents were able to give it up :thumbup:

Giving up smoking is hard and you've done amazingly well! Don't be so hard on yourself for having a little slip-up, just treat it as exactly that and get back on that horse :winkwink:

It sounds like you're having a really stressful time at the moment so it's no surprise that your body was craving something that you probably used to use to help you through bad times when you were a smoker. I gave up 27 months ago (third time lucky!) and I still get the odd craving now, I think we're destined to a life of the occasional craving to be honest.

I'm pretty sure that you'll find some others on here who have recently quit. Hang in there, you should be proud of what you've achieved :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->