the strain of bf in the beginning

mickey

Reaction score
I found it really hard work firstly and a couple of times - physically at the end of exhaustion - I thought I will just send OH to get some formula!

she was latching on perfectly, but in the beginning every latch caused contraction pains of the uterus and a shooting pain in the nipple. as well I experienced a very strong and sudden feeling of either hunger or thirst. and it seemed to suck out all the energy out of my body :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

shortly after giving bith this was not what I really needed!!!

as well, the trush we had, did not make it more pleasant!

but I kept persistent for the sake of her and my benefits!

firstly, me getting a cold very very easily, I focused on her benefit of a strong immune system!

secondly as breast cancer is running in my family, I focused on my benefit as they say bf is preventing breast cancer!

and thirdly, it makes you loose your pregancy weight far more easy :happydance:

in addition to that I loved the idea not to have the hassle of preparing a bottle, expecially at nighttime :headspin:

it might be unbearable in the beginning, but honestly this settles and after all those strains it is just beautiful :hi:

Those uterine contractions can be quite powerful at the start can't they?. I was advised to keep a glass of water/juice to hand every time they had a feed. I think its worth the ewxtra effort in those first few weeks. It does get easier and I used to love it:hi:

Glad to hear you are feeling better about breast feeding. I agree those contractions are something else. No one told me about hose until after I had my lil one. I haven't reached the stage yet where I can say I am comfortable but hopefull like you i'll get there soon.

Ditto on the contractions!

I found BF DD1 to be the most wonderful part of early baby days. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->