The Super Speedy Arrival of Darcy *01/08/11*

Mummy~L

Mummy to 2
Reaction score
Finally getting around to writing up my birth story for you all :thumbup:

I woke up on Sunday morning (31st July) having my bloody show and got excited that my baby would be here soon - My labour with DS had started a couple of hours after my show!

I spent most of the day waiting for something to happen but only had braxton hicks which weren't regular or painful.

I cooked a roast dinner for lunch (yum :)) then at about 5pm we walked around to our local park to let DS have a run around. On the way home we called into the local pub :blush: and sat in the garden with a lemonade. We all got home at about 6.30pm and DS was bathed and in bed by 7.30pm.

When I finally sat down I thought my braxton hicks were getting a bit stronger so I made OH download a contraction timer so I could see if there was any pattern. After timing for a while it showed my contractions were varying from 3-5 mins apart and lasting 30-50 seconds, they still weren't painful so I was really confused as to whether or not I was actually in labour.

At 8.30pm my waters broke (or so I thought!) so wed decided to call the inlaws and let them know I could potentially be in labour and they decided to come over and collect Bobby for the night just in case I was and so they didnt have to come out in the middle of the night. They left our house by 9.15pm after which I called the labour ward and explained what was happening and that I had a fast delivery with my DS (4hrs 25mins) so they suggested I come in and get checked over.

We didnt rush out just took our time and got to the hospital at half past 10, we didnt even take my bag in as I was sure I would be sent home. We were seen by a midwife straight away (obviously they weren't very busy for once!!) and she felt my stomach as I had a contraction and listened to the baby. Then she did an examination and I was 2-3 centimenters dialated, so not in established labour. The MW also said that my cervix could still just be open that much from my last labour :shrug: She thought she could still feel my waters intact but said what I had could have been some hind waters.

My MW went and spoke to the person in charge and they decided to let me stay for an hour just to make sure I didnt progress anymore. At about 11pm they moved me to one of the MW led unit rooms and left us to it. We just sat and had a cup of tea :D
Within a few mins I started getting painful back contractions literally one on top of the other which I managed to just breathe through & then proceeded to run into the bathroom and throw up everywhere :sick: The MW came back after 45 mins and said that we wouldn't be going anywhere and suggested OH go and get my bag in. She listened into bubba then left the room again. She popped in a couple more times just to listen to the baby over the next 30 mins and I was still just breathing through the contractions although I started to think they felt very intense. At half 12 she offered to examine me again which she did, immediately after I had a contraction so never asked how far along I was :shrug: I started to feel a lot of pressure in my bum and remembered from my labour with DS that this is what it felt like when I needed to push. However, I convinced myself that I still had ages to go as I hadnt even technically been in labour 90 mins ago.
I started to panic a bit as I was thinking if I still had a long way to go then I would be needing some pain relief asap!
At quarter to one the MW came in and got her delivery pack out and told me to push if I felt like pushing. I was in complete shock that it was time already but did as I was told.

At 1.14am on 1st August my yellow bump turned pink and our beautiful baby daughter was born weighing in at a hefty 7lbs 11oz! We named her Darcy :cloud9:

I had a second degree tear which needed stitching and I can honestly say that was the worst part of my labour by far!!!! I even needed gas and air for the pain even though I had just managed to birth a baby without it!

My baby girl was perfect! She took straight to the breast & after I went and showered. We were immediately discharged and were home by 4.30am.

MIL brought Bobby home later that morning to meet his baby sister and that was the start of our life as a family of four :happydance:

If you have managed to get this far then well done as I do have a habit of waffling on!! Thanks for reading :flower:

xxxxxxxx

wow! thats a great birth story, thanks for sharing. many congratulations to you and your family.

Congratulations thats an amazing birth :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->