The things they never tell you..

MileyMamma

Reaction score
Thought I would start a thread on the things that you wish you had known or been told about that you never were..
I shall start when you have a c section they do expect you up and about when the pain relief wears off so don't be surprised when the nurses get you sitting before you feel ready it's for your own good :)

Of all the symptoms I heard from family and friends I had never heard about Hemorrhoids being common with pregnancy, I guess you just dnt talk abt that area! When i got my first one I thought I had anal cancer :dohh:

I never got told how much my boobs would change!! They are not my boobs! obviosly knew thed grow and im loving the size increase but the MASSIVE dark nips and the veins i did not know about!!!xxxx

I wish I knew I'd bleed all through labour, I never knew to expect that! I never knew to expect the epidural to hurt, they told me I'd be in so much pain I wouldn't care about the pain of the needle, wrong, it hurt so bad!

The sharp shooting pains you sometimes get downstairs which stop you in your tracks when walking...this happened when I was walking with a male colleague through town and I literally had to just stop walking and make out I was getting funny pains in my bump...I could hardly tell him I felt like an electric current was being shot through my lady bits lol xxx

The sharp shooting pains you sometimes get downstairs which stop you in your tracks when walking...this happened when I was walking with a male colleague through town and I literally had to just stop walking and make out I was getting funny pains in my bump...I could hardly tell him I felt like an electric current was being shot through my lady bits lol xxx

Ha ha, so funny :haha::haha::haha:

That sometimes you don't feel like it's real until you actually give birth...I honestly struggled to believe a person was inside me until I saw her head out!

This thread is funny and helpful. i never knew about bleeding during labour either! People are funny,they dont mind telling us their horrific horror stories about 100dsy long labours etc but dont tell us anything actually helpful.lol.xxx

Wish i was told that some times your boobs burn when ive been walking to much or out in the cold. God ive even taken my bra off in the middle of food shopping cause they hurt so much x

That by the time you deliver you will totally "get" how poor Humpty Dumpty felt. I have absolutely zero bendability left in me.

That sometimes you don't feel like it's real until you actually give birth...I honestly struggled to believe a person was inside me until I saw her head out!

YES, I am STILL struggling with the idea that we are growing our little guy inside of me! It just boggles my mind, in the very begining I was scared for the first two ultrasounds thinking they might not even find a baby in there! THAT'S how hard it was for me to believe! LOL:blush:

I wish someone would have told me how PAINFUL my hips/pubic area would feel. I think I may have SPD, and will be discussing it with my midwife when I go January 2. But really, I never considered that to be a pregnancy symptom! I always heard heartburn, nausea, swelled/painful feet, back pain etc which I haven't had any of!....But when I turn over in bed at night I feel like I am literally going to split in TWO it's so painful down there...sooo nervous about labor pain now hahaha :haha:

i wish they told you how unimportant signs are.... i.e loss of plug, head engagement, dilation etc...

With my daughter my waters broke, and i wasnt told how dangerous it is to not have them... a week later they still didnt believe me they were gone, and i was induced for other reasons.... went to break my waters and said "oh there arent any" I was group strep b positive... and had gone a week without waters!!

Also this time, i lost my plug weeks ago... still nothing
Have regular contractions.... had them for over 3weeks... they arent lasting a minute yet so arent doing anything...
Also i found out you can be dilated for weeks and it mean nothing, or you can be not dilated and then suddenly give birth!
I also find out this time that a baby can be engaged for weeks and it do nothing, and also be free then engage in labour.... i never knew this!

i wish they also told you that 1/5th engaged/ also known as 4/5th palpable... actually its classed as engaged... According to the consultants they only consider you as engaged after 2/5ths engaged! .... so me being 1/5th i was over the moon, then seriously let down!!

I was induced a total of five times before they offered me a c section.... Didn't realise this! They made it sound so instant at my hospital meeting before I went in...

love this thread but what do you mean you bleed all the way through labour!! like all the time?? is it heavy blood :(

That I wouldn't be able to control passing wind for a few weeks after labour!!! my husband got a shock whilst shopping in Boots with me one day- luckily there was no-one else around - oops!! don't think this happens to everyone though - just me!

I had no bleeding through labour - not heard of that.

That the midwife would poke her finger up my bum after stitching me up to check none had gone through. Really wasn't expecting it! Xx

That I wouldn't be able to control passing wind for a few weeks after labour!!! my husband got a shock whilst shopping in Boots with me one day- luckily there was no-one else around - oops!! don't think this happens to everyone though - just me!

I had no bleeding through labour - not heard of that.

Lol!!! I passed gas in front of my husband family while in the hospital when they came to see baby!!! And the bad part is I didn't even care I was so happy to have it out LOL!!!

the one bit that got me was every time i was contracting strongly at the end i kept gushing - not sure if it was waters or wee - possibly both, but never expected that!

i also expected the clear out a few days before baby arrived - not hours (and during labour)!!

Im changing my mind about this helpful thread! lol. its freaking me out!! Gonna poo,fart, wee and bleed all through labour!! aghhhh!! :haha: xxxx

Yep, I had baaad trapped wind afterwards, it hurt so bad and was very noisy! Also bled and puked all through labour. Also, contractions don't 'hurt' as such, it feels more like there's an iron band compressing all your organs into a black hole inside. It's very intense pressure, at least was for me.

I wish they told you how tiny babies look when they come out, I was so unprepared for my teeny tiny baby! And had to put her in premature clothes lol, cos she was so dinky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->