the things you worry about?

many fears.. but top 3 are
- loving my pets less once i have a human baby: i want to be a good owner and ensure my pets always have a good life with me
- sleep deprivation
- relationship with my DH suffering: we have been together 11 years plus and could not love each other more. But we have issues coping with stress and workloads and tiredness (hence the worry about sleep)

- loving my pets less once i have a human baby: i want to be a good owner and ensure my pets always have a good life with me
- sleep deprivation
- relationship with my DH suffering: we have been together 11 years plus and could not love each other more. But we have issues coping with stress and workloads and tiredness (hence the worry about sleep)

I wouldn't worry about loving your pets any less. My first cat is still my little princess and i spend quality time with her everyday for "fusses". We also got another kitten when ds was 7months old as I was due to go back to work and he fitted in with the family perfectly and is "daddys" cat. Of course our son is the most important but I love my fur babies the same as I always have. They are our babies too. I even say I've been running round after the kids today and people think ive been babysitting :haha: I'm always like no, the toddler n two cats cause they all keep me on my feet :haha:

I worry about not having children in time.

I have a hundred worries. But to make it shorter...

1. I get anxiety & take medication especially when I'm sick. Something about not being in control of my body reaaaally gets me going. Worried about having morning sickness or not feeling in charge of my body and mind.
2. My OH has an extremely stressful job. Right now, even though we both pay equal amounts of bills, I take care of all the housework, grocery shopping, cooking, etc because I choose to. I don't want him to come home anymore stressed out than he needs to be. I'm worried with a LO I'll need help but won't want to ask him (even though I'm sure he'd be more than helpful)
3. Not having any family around to help.
4. Turning into any version of my mother.
5. (Not that I see it happening) but getting divorced and having my children in the middle of that. I grew up in a divorced family and it was terrible.

Now, where's my Xanax:wacko:

- sleep deprivation

I wouldn't worry about loving your pets any less. My first cat is still my little princess and i spend quality time with her everyday for "fusses". We also got another kitten when ds was 7months old as I was due to go back to work and he fitted in with the family perfectly and is "daddys" cat. Of course our son is the most important but I love my fur babies the same as I always have. They are our babies too. I even say I've been running round after the kids today and people think ive been babysitting :haha: I'm always like no, the toddler n two cats cause they all keep me on my feet :haha:

I agree! We have three cats, and they're still spoiled little furballs. :haha: My cat makes time for attention if I don't, usually by climbing into my lap while I'm working or curling up with me in bed. Our youngest tracks me down in the kitchen when I'm cooking and usually ends up with a treat or two. The female kitty has assumed the role of "Mama Kitty" and I'm pretty sure she regards DD as her own cub now (the boys don't mind DD, but they're content to lounge on her couch and keep an eye on her). This is how I find her every nap/bedtime:

Attachments

• WP_20150308_002.jpg
    WP_20150308_002.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 8
haha loving that photo!
Thank you so much for sharing, ladies, i feel much more at ease now :)

I'm worried. I went out for first time in 5 months on Friday night, was home by 2.30am but STILL feel shattered! How will I cope with sleep deprivation on a long term scale?

Perhaps I can coincide this with Halloween so at least my permanent zombie like state would come in useful as fancy dress! :thumbup:

Wow so many of mine already mentioned! Great thread! Here goes....

1. Will we do all we want/need before pregnant?
2. What will step kids make of it all?
3. What's gonn happen to my boobs post pregnancy?
4. What if I'm a crap mum?
5. Will me and hubby be as strong?
6. Family politics
7. Can I wait anymore to try?!

I worry about..

How will we cope with lack of sleep
How will a baby affect our relationship
Will I be a good mother?
Can we cope financially?
What will my body look like during pregnancy?
Will labour hurt?

Ooooh I love this thread!

1. Childcare - daycare is EXTREMELY pricy where I live and both DH and I work full time

2. Money in general

3. Loss of child-free traveling

4. Getting fat, ruining my boobs, and losing my pre-baby body overall

5. Not being able to nap whenever I want

6. Vomit. Seriously seriously worried about this. Some days, in my weakest moments, it can make me momentarily change my mind about wanting children altogether.

7. Carsickness (both my husband and I have it so I think it's very likely that our child will go through it too)

8. My child having a serious illness

And of course I am worried about the birth itself but I know that's only one day so it's not a primary concern (although accidentally pooping during the delivery is not something I'm looking forward to).

Vomit. Morning sickness. Getting sick because of all the IVF medications. Being sick during active labour. My girlfriend possibly vomiting from anything as well. Not sure how I'll cope when the baby vomits. I can prepare as much as I can, but it will still be absolutely petrifying.

Money. Will we have enough to buy everything we will need? What about when they're here, will we afford to eat?! Want to buy them nice things, give them lots for their birthdays and Christmas, holidays and days out etc.

Housing. Need to find a bigger home and get it all ready, including laying laminate and new carpets and redecorating. Then there's cleaning the entire house so it's all clean. [actual OCD]

Mental health. I'm not overly concerned about getting worse mentally as I've made a lot of gradual progress to get to this point. I wouldn't have been ready for kids a year ago. I worry about how my mental state will be perceived by the midwife and health visitor as I am not a typical expectant mother and we will be having two babies.

Me and my girlfriend. I worry we won't have as much time to just be us. I know we will become a family unit instead of a couple and that's amazing and exciting and we can still do everything we do just with two little people to cuddle and add to the love. I just worry that instead of it bringing us closer it might add distance. I really enjoy being so close to her. Really hoping this brings us closer.

Letting my girlfriend and kids down. I worry I won't be enough. That what I do will fall short of providing everything. I put so much pressure on myself to be perfect and I just don't want to fail them. I know my girlfriend has many worries and if I do suffer with sickness I'll be absolutely useless to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->