The Thread of Anything But....

Hmmm yeah I fancy doing some baking this weekend... I have been working on perfecting my cinnamon scroll recipe; also made some pretty decent gingerbread loaf last weekend that I think I can improve on even more.

THEN, I will also need to do a giant walk!!!

What is the cinamon scroll? I like cinnamon.
I dont quite get the gingerbread loaf right yet, it always comes a bit soggy or rubbery.

I am lucky, I like baking, but not eating sweets so my OH is the one that eats them.

Hmmm yeah I fancy doing some baking this weekend... I have been working on perfecting my cinnamon scroll recipe; also made some pretty decent gingerbread loaf last weekend that I think I can improve on even more.

I dont quite get the gingerbread loaf right yet, it always comes a bit soggy or rubbery.

I am lucky, I like baking, but not eating sweets so my OH is the one that eats them.
Cinnamon scrolls are like danish pastry... with cinnamon (and other stuff, sometimes walnuts etc), rolled up in a scroll shape... :D hence the name. They are YUM!!! Not that easy to make though, it has taken me several weeks to get them right (and I have probably put on a few kg in the process :haha:)

Cinnamon scrolls are like danish pastry... with cinnamon (and other stuff, sometimes walnuts etc), rolled up in a scroll shape... :D hence the name. They are YUM!!! Not that easy to make though, it has taken me several weeks to get them right (and I have probably put on a few kg in the process :haha:)

Yummy, cinammon and pastry together, got to try that, I am going to google the recipe now!!

They are an Australian thing I think, at least I've never seen them anywhere but Australia... a bit sticky for my tastes but I used to make them for the work morning teas sometimes.

A bit random but I just drove to the grocery store and notice a dog on the side of the road eating from the trash. I notice that no cars are stopping, so I stop and go over to him, he is so cute and obviously very hungry. I grab him and move him onto the pavement as I was worried he might get run over. A lady came out of her house and asked if it was my dog, I said no I just noticed him and she said she had phoned the humane society (but I dont know why she hadnt moved him out of the road!). I said I was worried that he might get hit by a car so she went and got a lead for him. I left shortly after as she said she was ok waiting, poor thing I hope his owners are looking for him [-o<

homeless pets often find me. I found a white rabbit in a parking lot a few years ago and took her home. she would squeak and hump our legs when we went near it, took it to a vet and spent $1000 on the little thing and found a home for it.

and of course I have 6 pets all with sad stories.

I always thought this kinda stuff would pay me back in karma....so wheres my BFP!!!!!!!!

Sarah I am a hige believer in karma. Your kind acts will be rewarded with a BFP, you'll see!

Hey Sarah maybe the animals are sent to you to keep you company until your BFP. My cat is mean and bitey, but he helps me get through the tough moments anyway. Although right now he is in a mood because OH has his sister and mum here and they brought her dog. We tried to organize outside time for them both, and the dog doesn´t come in the house, but Teddy isn´t happy!!

Rescuing the thread where we don´t talk about TTC... just to de stress and lift my mood as AF is here...

So, any plans for the weekend ladies?
I am baking. i have bought Ground almonds to make the macaroons (yes finally) and I want to try Mon´s red velvelt cake recipe!

I am doing the Marathon for Candlelighters..on saturday, Sunday Church and then relax..yesssss.

Hey Sarah maybe the animals are sent to you to keep you company until your BFP. My cat is mean and bitey, but he helps me get through the tough moments anyway. Although right now he is in a mood because OH has his sister and mum here and they brought her dog. We tried to organize outside time for them both, and the dog doesn´t come in the house, but Teddy isn´t happy!!

awww poor teddy! he is so cute. does he like to cuddle at all?
I got a kitty from the humane society when I first came to canada. this cat was not friendly and would often bite/swipe at me. but I loved her and she was with me about 12 years and we had to put her down last year. I was so sad, even though she was a mean cat she had been with me before I met my hubby. we buried her in the garden and funnily enough there is one small sunflower growing there where she is (we dont have sunflowers)

I'm going to attempt a SW friendly version of my mum's cheesecake - she makes the BEST cheesecake. I doubt that the SW version will be as nice but it'll keep me from the real thing!!

I've got my exercise head on this week - run last night and maybe zumba tonight. 3lbs more for my first stone!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->