The truth about pregnancy with a toddler / having no 2

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
Sooooo being pregnant with no 2 is not the same ! Running after a toddler is not restful :coffee:

You can't puke in peace ! Cute that lo was patting me on the back tho

Booking scans mw appointments are a little tricky as don't want to take lo (nearly passed out at bloods with mw and wouldn't want lo to see that)

What other things have I got to look forward to ?!

LO climbing all over your bump.
Massive backache, not helped by carrying them!
Entertaining LO at scans
Not being able to nap even though you're exhausted....

LO telling everyone "Mummy got sick"

It.is cute she.fetches water and biscuits for me.though!

Shopping for the baby can't be done in peace either!

xXx

Wondering what mischief lo is up to when you're spending half an hour on the loo.
The worst one for me... lo having a stinky nappy that needs to be changed and you know your gonna chuck when you do it (sorry... mine seem to be all about number twos).

:haha: I have two toddlers this time around. I don't think it's that much harder, but it is difficult when I want to nap and can't. :lol:

The only awkward thing really is when DS wants to climb all over me and kicks the bump or that he still wants carrying now and again, I have a sore back when I walk on my right leg which my masseuse said was because I carry DS on the right lol (he's not a small boy he's on the 75th-91st).

Other thank that thankfully my pregnancy has been quite smooth, I feel fine now I'm not in first tri and unlike last time hubby isn't working away so I've got a lot of support. I find pregnancy is going so much quicker this time, I am much more relaxed about everything so it is a more pleasant experience and being low risk I barely have any appointments so child care isn't an issue, I have seen the MW since July and won't see her till Oct! Which is nice, I am not ill after all.

When your toddler is begging you to do handstands etc and you say you cant... and they just keep saying "Just try mummy, its easy"

When your toddler is sitting beside you and digging their elbows into your bump.

When you take your toddler to your appointments and they ask 'is baby sister coming out today'... this one breaks my heart!

When your toddler wants all of their their teddies on the floor, and you need to keep bending down to pick them up and put them back on the wardrobe.

When you are constantly eating and your toddlers asks 'whats that youve got, mummy? Open wide! And you definitely dont want her eating chocolate at that time in the morning.

The joys, eh?

I am honestly worried about what life will be like later on in the pregnancy... my son is pretty independent, but on Monday I am returning to work full time and my little guy is going to a day home for a few hours a day. Already feeling so tired as it is and now I am going to be working full time in management... Are any of you moms out there working while expecting baby number 2+?? Any tips??

I am so afraid I will lose the bond with my son as I will be working 40 hours per week and by the time I do get to be home again there will be a new baby for him to have to deal with... I feel SO guilty and terrible today :'( could be the hormones flaring up but I am genuinely concerned for my son... my heart is breaking having to leave him and go back to work...

My DH doesn't really understand either he says I need to just get over it and that it will be temporary. But he isn't exactly the hands on father all the time and I just fear my lo will fall to pieces without me there for him as much as I have been for his first year of life....

It's just so much more exhausting! And there is just no time to clean the house or get things ready for the new baby.

I've felt the exhaustion a lot more this time! Baby's been head down and engaged for a while already and moving can be really painful and playing with her difficult. Also it's difficult when she has mini tantrums because she doesn't understand that mummy can't get up and move as quickly as she used to!

I'm very lucky though as she's generally very good and understanding for a 20 month old and my husband finishes work every day at 2pm and is off every weekend!

Beca :wave:

Being pregnant with a toddler really sucked! I remember one time puking in the street and my 18m old pointing and laughing at me!

Yes! This!

I worked 60-70 hour weeks in an incredibly stressful job during my first pregnancy and I kept promising myself that I would enjoy my second pregnancy. How naive I was :haha:

There is not much time to enjoy a pregnancy with an active toddler. My 17mo still wants to be picked up and carried all the time. I think I have hurt my back from carrying him already and I am only 13 weeks pregnant. There is no resting, except for the 1.5 hours he naps per day. He needs constant attention (which is fair enough because he is still pretty tiny himself) and loves to run away from me whenever I try to put his shoes on/wash his face/change his nappy/give him lunch/etc, etc. I have never been this tired in all my life.

And have any of you noticed the difference in your DH? Mine is still super lovely to me and tries to help as much as possible, but I definitely don't have 'sacred vessel' status this pregnancy, like I did with my first :haha:

I didn't have that first time! :haha:

He's having a tougher time of it than last time though as I literally cannot function on broken sleep. I just get so sick and our DD has been having a bad sleep spell!

xXx

The worst thing for me so far has been LO trying to share her dinner with me (which basically means she force feeds fork full after fork full of whatever she's eating into me) not good when you're feeling queasy, but refuse it and she thinks there's something wrong with it and won't eat it.

So I have to just swallow it down and say "mmmmm yummy!" :sick:

Definitely agree with being exhausted! I'm so so tired and DD's sleep has completely mucked up the past week.. Soooo tired :L
This pregnancy has gone so fast and I don't feel like I've enjoyed it as much as I did with DD. All my attention goes to DD or housework and suddenly another week has gone by :L

I do love it when DD kisses my tummy though, it's so cute :)

The floor that your toddler wants you to play on is a million miles away and gets further everyday!!!! By the time iv sat myself down hes up and wants me somewhere else, its exhausting!

x

wont lie its awful! i wish id had waited! im now overdue and constantly in tears :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->