The Truth About Swine Flu

I don't think anyone that hasn't had swine flu can comment on the difference between the two!

I've had it for the last week and it feels really bad like Flu does, the main difference was dizzyness and super aching and headaches from hell. I'm getting better now though and now on antibiotics cos I have now got an ear and throat infection!! Get well soon if you have it xxxxxxxxxxxx

i think i may have it had dizzyness headaches feeling sick and knackered...since last thursday seems a bit better today tho

its the dizzyness and the pure muscle pain thats the worse ive been to worried to hold faith incase i drop her due to the shakyness etc

I'm sure everyones symptoms are different in severity anyway, and I assume different people will react differently to each influenza strain. Hope you all feel better soon anyway.

Please help me!

Im 16 weeks pregnant and recently i have been hearing of lots of people in my local area coming down with swine flu, this has scared me to the point that i dont like leaving the house unless absolutely necessary as i dont want to catch it and it harm myself and the baby.

Please can someone help by giving me reassurance or by sharing any info or experiences i would really appreciate it

Thanks

errm we all have swine flu at the moment and it is not like regular flu at all.... ive never hurt so much muscle cramps vomiting, headaches, dizzyness...dont play it down its really vile.

I've had normal flu and I have swine flu and I have to say I feel sooooooooooooooooooooooo much worse with this than I did with normal flu. I've slept 20 hours out of the last 24, my stomach feels like a ball of elastic bands that are about to snap, i've got a brass band playing in my head.. Its horrible, I have never felt so ill in my entire life.

I'm also the only one in the house who has it. I have to stay in the spare room. For a week. Yay.

Once youve had it are you less likely to catch it again does anyone know?

Once youve had it are you less likely to catch it again does anyone know?

As with most viruses, once your body has successfully fought it off, you have an immunity to it. However, you could still infect other people, so it would be important to still practise appropriate measures (handwashing, etc).

Please help me!

Im 16 weeks pregnant and recently i have been hearing of lots of people in my local area coming down with swine flu, this has scared me to the point that i dont like leaving the house unless absolutely necessary as i dont want to catch it and it harm myself and the baby.

Please can someone help by giving me reassurance or by sharing any info or experiences i would really appreciate it

Thanks

You should be fine. I haven't heard that it is particularly bad for pregnant women (ie fetus). They usually put out an extra warning if there is taht concern. Just be really careful about washing hands and getting proper rest and nutrition. I'm sure there isn't an extra risk for baby.
You could call the "swine line" or whatever the NHS is calling it and ask if it would give you peace of mind.

Maybe the guidelines in the UK and the US are different but I just want to stress again that UK guidelines are that you should call one of the numbers found on the link i originally posted or your own GP but DO NOT go to the GP surgery or A&E as it just increases the spread of the flu. People are supposed to have a "flu friend" to go out and pick up the Tamiflu for them, not go and get it themselves. xx

Alright, I know I'm new to this and all...and this is one of my first posts, but I'm wondering about something, it just doesn't make sense to me.

its not as bad as the media are saying but its not like regular seasonal flu either. ive been so ill ive not been able to hold my baby through fear of dropping her (dizzyness) ive been in bed with my laptop and one eye open.

Milkmachine: If you are so very sick...why are you on here? Put your laptop down, close your one eye, and go to sleep. Sorry, my opinion...if your sick, be sick. There is nothing on here more important than your health!

I don't talk just to make noise, I know from MY friends and my own research about this flu, it may be bad, yes, but is it going to kill everyone on the planet no, I doubt it. Is it much worse than regular flu, maybe. The message trying to be relayed is DON'T PANIC! Be careful, don't go crazy! Calm down!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->