The ups and downs of SCBU! *UPDATED GOOD NEWS!*

keldac

3 mc, 1 angel and 3 lc
Reaction score
I had a terrible day yesterday!

After Mikayla going from strength to stregth it was noticed she had +++ blood in her urine. The docs were unsure why - I obviously feared the worst and had her going into kidney failure!

She had blood tests and a scan which showed she had a slightly swollen right kidney which means a slight infection. She has now been put on IV antibiotics and back under the phototherapy light as jaundice has returned.

On a positive note they say these are only small things and she has been moved to the nursery :happydance:

It is so stressful having your baby in scbu and I just can't wait til shes home!

Aw bless you i can't imagine how you feel, hope she's home soon x x

:hugs:good luck and lots of love to your precious baby girl:hug:

So sorry about your little girls setback :( I have one of my boys in NICU and has been since 2/2/09 - although yesterday he came into the parents accomodation with me in prep for him to go home. He is still having some tube feeds as he can't get his feeds down well enough at the moment.

Having a baby in SCBU or NICU is extremely stressful and I wouldn't be surprised if you are in tears a lot of time like I am. All yo want is to be able to take your baby home, but you are helpless and have to rely on the professionals to ensure your baby is thriving until your baby is well enough.

Really hope your little girl gets better soon xxxx

Hows she doing today babe???:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Much better day today! Mikaylas kidneys are recovering well and docs are soooo pleased with her progress.

They say there is no lasting damage and she now just needs to learn to feed. Shes put on a little bit of weight and is heading in all the right directions!

I asked the doc 'when will she be home?' Not really expecting an anserw! He said '2-3 weeks' !!!!!! :happydance: :happydance:

I am so happy the end of her hospital stay is in sight and I will finally be bringing my daughter home :happydance:

thats great news, bit of a rollercoaster having a premmie aint it, but sure the end result will be fab and yous both be home soon!! xxx

Brilliant news :D I hope these next 2-3 weeks fly past for you :hugs:

It is nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel, huh?
Hope your LO is still doing well...

2-3 weeks is brilliant news,i look forward to hear that your bringing her home!! x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->