The vagina after vaginal delivery (TMI)

NewlyWedFifi

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
I've been wondering/worrying about the state my lady parts will be in after pushing out a baby (if all goes to plan and I don't have a c-section). Will my hoo-ha ever return to its former glory after the birth? My husband loves how tight it feels and I'm scared it's going to get bigger and stay bigger. :blush:

I already do kegels all the time and plan on continuing after baby comes but will that alone save me from the dreaded 'blown-out vag' as one of my friends so kindly put it lol.

Do squats too! That does a lot of help for the PC muscles.

I've never had a babe, but I'm interested :)

Keep doing the excercises and once you've recovered from the birth try and strengthen up you abdomen, pelvic floor and glutes - that wahoos help keep everything in the right place.

I wouldn't worry too much though, our sex life is still good and my son was quite a big baby x

Keep on withe the keegels, it doesnt just shrink back over nite but after a few weeks it will shrink.

I've never known anyone to complain of it being any bigger.

I actually found it tighter after.

Mine is tighter than before. I'm not so happy about it, I was hoping for a bit of extra "give" after having DS as its always been a bit of a tight squeeze :blush:. I didn't do any pelvic floor exercises or anything (I was too tired and forgetful when DS was newborn and then I didn't bother as everything was fine down there). Talking to my mummy friends (we are very candid :haha:) it seems very common for things to be tighter afterwards.

Mine is tighter than before. I'm not so happy about it, I was hoping for a bit of extra "give" after having DS as its always been a bit of a tight squeeze :blush:. I didn't do any pelvic floor exercises or anything (I was too tired and forgetful when DS was newborn and then I didn't bother as everything was fine down there). Talking to my mummy friends (we are very candid :haha:) it seems very common for things to be tighter afterwards.

That's so reassuring to hear! As a med student I met many women who had incotinence, loss of muscle tone and worst of all vaginal prolapse (one lady had to put her fingers in her vagina every time she needed to use the bathroom to stop it from falling out until she had surgery) so I am traumatized. I remember declaring to the doctors teaching me that I'd be demanding a c-section when my time came. It's good to hear the opposite end of the scale.

I've never had a problem. Perhaps it depends on your type of labour? If you have a third/fourth degree tear or something, it may take longer for things to bounce back.
I have never noticed a problem with things going back to normal though. Obviously not overnight, but it will happen (usually) x

I got looser after the last one but think that was due to manual evacuation of the uterus. I bought some pelvic exercise balls and well things got better than even, DH was pleased :p

We always say to start pelvic floor exercises within the first few days after birth, put post-its around the house and get into the habit of doing them during feeds to get a routine. You can always do exercises to tighten up your pelvic floor but the first 3 months after birth is crucial for strengthening them up. Most women have no trouble but I think those who have bad problems are those who didn't get round to it after birth (which is very understandable, no sure how well I will remember!) Be reassured that most people have no trouble but there are things you can do to help your body recover. Do perineal massage now as well to help the tissues stretch and have good circulation to avoid tearing in the first place :) x

Mine went back to normal after 9lb 7oz baby and episiotomy. I didn't actually do any exercise but I probably will this time after reading these comments:flower:

I was definitely tighter after having my son (8lb5oz)....totally blame the male midwife I had for stitching me up tight for my husbands benefit :rofl:

i had no problems either and I only really did Pelvic exercises after dd was born, ive been far to lazy this time to do them religiously but do them constantly once baby is born.

I had a second degree year and was stitched up quite tight too, in fact it hurt to haw sex for about the first year! I will make more of an effort to do my kegels after this one

DH and I did DTD 2 days after I delivered my daughter and he said it felt just as tight. It's pretty elastic down there and snaps back into place usually.

I had a forceps delivery with third degree tear and everything seems to have gone back to normal here. Felt a bit looser first couple of times and now doesnt feel any different. x

I didn't do any exercises, either. I didn't have any tears, and my baby was slightly above average in size. I was having sex again a week after delivery, and I was tighter than ever before. Within a few weeks, I felt like "normal" again, which was wonderful because the tightness HURT.

DH and I did DTD 2 days after I delivered my daughter and he said it felt just as tight. It's pretty elastic down there and snaps back into place usually.

I am quite impressed I must say you got "back in the saddle" :haha: so quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->