The very fast birth story of my gorgeous lil lady

Mrs Dubs

Reaction score
It was the night of my due date and I had been having mild period pains on and off but didn't think much of it as I'd been experiencing them for weeks

I managed to get to sleep pretty early but woke up after a few hours (been having trouble sleeping for a while) I decided to watch some tv until I was tired enough to go back to sleep

It was around 4:20am when i led back down and was just about to nod off when I felt a pop!! I immediately felt a warm gush and jumped out of bed, my waters were leaking and were going everywhere lol it just wouldn't stop coming!

I realised what was happening and terror set it, I was unbelievably scared of what was to come.

I woke the hubby up and we just sat there for a little while contemplating the labor, I phoned the birth centre and they told me to come in to be checked but that there was no rush.

I assumed I'd be in labor for hours so we had a cup of tea and started to get our stuff together and we made our way to the centre

I had started gettin pains at this point and although they were painful and I had to breath through them, I kept telling myself that they were gonna get a lot worse so didn't really make much of a fuss lol

Got to the birth centre at 6:00am and was checked, to my surprise I was 3cm they said I wasn't in established labor but that things were progressing, I was shown to the lounge/ wauting room and would be assessed shortly to see if I was gonna stay or go home.

In the waiting room my contractions were getting a lot more painfull and my waters were still leaking, I was absolutely soaked!!!

I really wasn't happy about being left in the waiting room so told hubby to go get a midwife, when she came in I was hung over the back of the chair in obvious pain and I requested a room and told her I was NOT goin home lol

She proptly showed me to my room :)

Once in the room I was able to get changed and relax a bit while walking around, contractions were coming quicker but wern't lasting long so midwife didn't think I was progressing as fast as it turns out I was lol

At 7am I was checked and I was told I was 6cm (turns out I was actually more like 7-8cm but mw apparently always gives lower number, not really sure why ???)

So I was finally allowed some gas and air (hadn't had ANY pain relief by this point) and they started filling the birthing pool, all of a sudden my body was pushing and I didn't understand why as I thought I was only 6cm

Up until this point id been pretty calm but now I was panicking and trying to stop my body from pushing as i didn't think it was time, midwife was telling me it was just an involuntary reaction but I didn't understand why it was happening If I wasn't fully dilated, but there was nothing I could do, my body was pushing and I couldn't stop it

Midwife could see things were happening quickly so checked me again and sure enough I was fully dilated and the baby was coming, we were all shocked at how fast things were going

I got straight In to the pool and my body continued to push, it was such a strange feeling as I couldn't control it, it was just happening

Being in the pool was amazing!! It was instant relief and I was able to move about so much easier

Before I new it the head was right there, I reached down and could feel it, however when they checked her heartbeat it was very low and they were visibly concerned, the baby had to come out NOW

They got me straight out the pool and on to the bed, I was told that if i couldn't get her out on the next push they would have to cut me, I pushed as hard as I could but she wasn't coming so they gave me a very small episiotomy and on the next push her head was out, and her body followed with the next push, she was born at 9:15am and weighed 7lbs 3oz

It turns out the cord was wrapped around her neck, which is why her heart rate was dipping, but she came out screaming and was delivered straight onto my chest, I couldn't believe it was over and my baby was safely in my arms, and she was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

She fed straight away and we were left to bond, both of us naked, and covered in al sorts of gunk LOL but it was the most amazing feeling

We led like that for over an hour until she stopped feeding and then I was stitched up, only needed a few stitches on the episiotomy site and on two small grazes at the top ( omg the top ones were the worst lol)

So I was in established labor at 7:00am
And she was born at 9:15am

None of us could believe how fast it went, midwife told me if I have any more I must inform them how fast my first was and that even though my contractions are short they do what they need to

I don't know if it had any impact on my birth but I drank raspberry leaf tea from 32 Weeks

Here is my gorgeous lil Olivia

https://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af15/MrsDubs/65927b89.jpg

Congrats on the arrival of your little one!

Congrats!

How much of the tea did you drink each day?

Aww sounds like a fab birth

Congratulations she's a beauty :cloud9::flower:

congrats she is beautiful...it is v similar to my birth story with my second son...established labour (7cm) at 3.15pm boxing day2009 she broke my waters, he was born at 3.36pm literally 3 pushes. i couldnt believe the speed as my first was 13 and a half hours... im having a daughter in july maybe she will come even faster

Congrats she's gorgeous, thanks for sharing your story with us ! xx

She is beautiful I love reading birth stories, thanks for sharing yours with us :) xx

Congrats hun, what a lovely birth story. Your little girl is gorgeous!! x x x

Congratulations on your baby girl :)

congratulations, she is adorable, just a wee doll bless, enjoy being a mummy

Well done - shes so beautiful - love her hair, what a pretty girl xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g