The Vodka and Watermelon Girls

Well I got a little tale! Yesterday we went to a farmer's market type of store and there is a Grandma type there and my son knows exactly where the candy is and how to manipulate her. Well one piece okay but Grandma stuffs his whole pocket with candy while I am shopping! As we go about our day, he stuffs his mouth with candy and I keep telling him you are gonna get sick with all that sugar and sugar bugs are gonna get your teeth ( he is deathly afraid of sugar bugs and that is how we get him to brush his teeth good) well no that not gonna work and he keeps stuffing that candy in. Well this morning he says "My tummy hurts and Daddy says thats cause you stuffed your face with candy. He looks at me and says "Can I have something healthy for breakfast"? Lesson learned until next time!

Bugger just typed a reply and lost it!!

Bmom :sick: about the chewing gum. I hate the stuff, when I rule the world it'll be banned!

Garnet my friend was telling me last week, her LOs spend one day every week at their granny's, and they come home each week pumped up on sweets. Her DS doesn't have a sweet tooth, so he's not too bad, but her DD wil just eat til she's sick. They're bouncing round the room by bedtime...

If my MIL starts the sugar pushing with mine she will get an earful real quick. I already told hubby she would never watch our babies after witnessing her pour coca cola into a baby bottle to give to his niece once... During my second visit ever. Yes that very same day I told him.

Yup, I personally don't subscribe to a smash cake on their first bday either. Way too much sugar and they usually even cry from it, don't get it.

Oh gross::growlmad: Well Grandma Clueless (MIL) last time she came took son to mall and went to Chic a filet and let him have milk shake, brownies, and whatever other sweet he wanted while we went on mini vac without kids. Well he has the runs for her and she had to clean it up! Serves her right.:haha::haha:

I guess they think its a treat :thumbup:my kids weren't allowed anything at all till they were over three and once they turned three my mil and fil used to have a hidey hole down the side of the setee filled with milky buttons and chocolate bars and lollipops . Every time we were there they insisted on feeding the kids with crap :growlmad:it used to make me mad esp if it was before dinner or lunch . Also none of my kids have fillings and I want it to stay that way . Sadly my mil and fil have both passed away :cry:

I don't know how I will strike a balance. I definitely have food issues. I am a sugar addict. I try to make sure C has a healthy diet. I try not to give her too much processed food but it's hard when I'm home alone and have to cook. She can handle about 10 minutes of letting me cut things up and then she will crawl over and climb up my leg and cry. She is not sleeping during her naps unless she is held. So I've been taking some short cuts like jarred pasta sauce. I've definitely improved from my diet of Oreos :rofl:

I'm trying to strike a balance between banning junk food completely (making it too exciting for him when he does have it) and keeping it healthy.

C is doing great thanks Indi, although you wouldn't know to look at him. He's still a madman in the bath and on Monday night, just as I said for the twentieth time "no you sit down in the bath!", he fell and bumped his head on the side of the bath. On tues, nursery rang me to say he'd fallen and bumped the same bit. On Wednesday, he got his nursery photo taken :dohh::dohh: I'm hoping they don't share the photos with social services...

Oh, and big breakthrough on Sunday, he stayed at granny's for the first time! And I survived!!

He's still not walking, it feels like he's been cruising round the furniture for years but I don't think it'll be long. I was also just saying today, he doesn't seem to be progressing his speech v quickly, he's been saying his favourite "duck!!" And "cat!" For months, but nothing new. :shrug:

How is N? And all the other babies? Can we see some photos?

Here's the bump...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 2
And here he is in happier times

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 0
Can I be an honorary member? I promise to be quiet ;-)

Hi ladies, thank you for inviting me :D

I have to warn you all....because I'm sure it will become apparent soon enough... I am a terrible typist and will make all kinds of typos, plus my iPad does all these weird autocorrects, no if any of my posts make no sense, I apologise!

I am absolutely delighted to see some of you guys have babies a bit older than mine (Lana is almost 11 months) because I am the least confident parent ever so you might be able to help me out now and then! (If that's ok)

Have to say Conina - what a gorgeous smile your little man has! Love looking at baby pics!

Looking forwards to seeing more x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->