The war between sun worshippers/fakers

caggimedicine

Mummy to Harry
Reaction score
Sometimes this winds me up so much! I've got very pale skin, and gave up trying to tan when I was in my teens. The best I can hope for from days and days of sun worshipping and sweating it out is a sun burn, followed by peeling, leaving me just as white as I was before.... so for me, there really is no point!

I used to hate being so pale when I was younger, but now i'm nearing my 30s, i've come to terms with my pale look and take pride in my wrinkle free skin. I've become a master of fake tan which I use sometimes on my legs (which are so white they almost look blue!)

I'm also not a huge fan of sitting in the sun - i'm the one you see sat under an umbrella with a nice cool drink, rather than the oiled up, sweating it out one!

But.... is this all good enough for some?? NO! My friend is a mad sun worshipper. She thinks that if it's sunny, and you're not out in the sun tanning, you're miserable and depressing. I get such a hard time about it.:hissy:

arr thats crap... some ppl just dont enjoy it...

I like a tan, however hours on the beach I get bored...!! I tan really easily too so i dont need to sun bather constantly...

you would find me walking around with my black friend and in the bars for a cool drink (back in the day of girly hols)!!

See im a bit of a sun worshipper but i dont tan easily at all, im naturally quite pale .. it will take me ages to get going, then once i do i get really tanned.

My mum will sunbathe all day everyday if she could, honestly she is the most tanned person i've ever seen :rofl:

Not wanting to sunbathe doesnt make you miserable though :confused:

I am with you on this one! I hate it when it is too hot, I burn easily so need tonnes of sunscreen on and most of the time cant be arsed so just stay in, or like you say, under a parasol!

Plus, now I have to get Daisy all covered in sunscreen too, it is even more unappealing!

Today has been my idea of hell! I love it when it is bright and cool, like at the end of summer just going into Autumn xxx:D

not wanting to sunbathe makes u sensible in all honesty! skin cancer is increasing so much. I spend a lot of time outdoors in the summer but I never really sunbathe.

I am a tan-o-holic!!!
I do tan very easily, i go lobster then i turn a lovely golden brown, as im half hungarian i get my tan from my mum, she can sit in the sun for 5 mins and look black!!!
But as i cant go on sunbeds i've been fake baking since finding out, but as the weather has been so nice, since yesterday i have been sunning myself!!

I dont think people are boring or whatever cos they dont wanna sunbath, its down to eachs own, i love the sun and i no it sounds weird but i love the sweating feeling while sunbathing, dont ask me why, i no im weird!!! xxx

I am a burner too girlies, I feel asleep under a parasole last Sunday and when I woke up, I swear I had burt so bad I could smell my own skin cooking it was horrid!! Have spent the last week covered in vasaline badages as I have 2nd degree burns all from just over an hour outside lol.
I normally have factor 60 suncream and everyone makes fun but as I was in the shade didnt bother BIG MISTAKE
For some its best to enjoy the sun from afar xx

I don't like to tan. I'm lily white and that's the way I like it. I am what I am :winkwink:

i must admit i love the sun and i usually go more brown then red...and if i burn a little it wil jus go brown...im not one that has to sunbathe all day i like walking wround catching the sun etc xx

I don't tan :rofl: Sunburn, peel, white just like you. :lol: But I do like being out in the warm weather

I don't tan either and just burn and peel so I'm like you like to stay in the shade under a brolly!

The hotter the better for me - having grown up in lots of foreign countries, I love the sun and admit I am a sunworshiper.....I am the one who you will find slapping on the carrot oil on the last couple of days of holiday. I certainly dont think people who dont sunbathe are boring - if you burn or get bored there is no point doing it.

I'm the same, I'm really pale and always have been, and given up on ever getting a tan! It's completely impossible, Everyone gives me a hard time about not wanting to get down the beach and sunbathe as soon as the sun is out, and when I do I'm completely caked in suncream!
I went to Ibiza last year with my friend and he's as pale as I am, and on the beach down Bora bora among all these tanned people, he could see that I was feeling a bit uncomfortable so he goes to me "You know, we have the healthiest skin on the beach!" and that is definately more important to me!

I have the best of both worlds; if I go out in the sun, or to the beach for a day, and actually stay in the sun, I'll get a nice tan, and rarely burn. If I don't, or during the autumn/winter months, my skin is so pale I practically glow in the dark! And I've never really been huge on wearing shorts and things, so I'll often have a farmers tan, XD so my forearms, and just past my elbows will be fairly dark, but my shoulders are whiter than a blank sheet of printer paper. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->