The week leading upto labor- do u know it's close?

The few days before I gave birth I felt crampy and a bit under weather, I didn't have much energy and spent the days on the sofa relaxing. Because of pre eclampsia I was at the hospital the day before she was born and was checked. My cervix was completely closed and prosterior. Eight the next morning I stepped out of bed and my waters broke over the floor :) and my contractions started up.

17 hours later she was here :)

stalking this thread :)

It's made me a bit happy. Had my 37 week appointment today and was told i was completely closed, and only 50% effaced. Was really bummed, as I am scheduled for a membrane break at 39 weeks, and would like to have it happen naturally instead. BUT, who knows :)

I knew it was coming. from that Tuesday I was cramping more and just feeling very wierd, I kept losing my plug too... I said to my OH I give myself until Saturday, and I had her on Saturday!

This thread fills me with a tiny bit more enthuisusm (sp) Had a failed sweep today as cevix to far back and am feeling a little sorry for myself, so fingers crossed :) x

Each pregnancy and each woman is different. With my first I had no clue that labor was on the horizon. My first clue with him was my waters breaking and then the contractions kicked in. I felt nothing out of the ordinary with him. With my second I had some clues a few days before my waters broke. I went poo a lot more, I had some mild contractions and just felt overall anxious that labor was impending. Labor can come on slowly or very quickly. Good luck!

This is really useful for us first-timers - thanks for sharing all :)

With my first i had no idea until i went right from nil to 7 cm in about 1 hour! only just got to the hospital that time...

with my second i was dilated 3cm for over a week so i knew it could be anytime x

I was in and out of labor for months but the week before my daughter was born, I was very edgy, very nervous. I knew I still had a month before she was due, but I just was sure she was going to show any time. I was anxious, just wanted to be done. I don't know if this is because I knew she was coming, or if it was because I was just having such a miserable pregnancy experience that I was just ready to be done and have the complications and pain come to an end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->