• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Weight Watchers Support group ~ over 1/2 a TON weight loss so far!!!

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
Weight Watchers support

Maybe a thread like this with others who are doing WW will be a good thing and help keep us all on track!

https://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y39/r10_jedi/ScaleClipArt.jpg​

:happydance: Members & pounds lost to date :happydance:

Bartness 15 pounds
Boo44 8 pounds
bornthiswayxo 2 pounds
cat lover 25.75 pounds
Embo78 75 pounds
Guppy051708 (43.9lbs lost pre-pregnancy) 31 pounds
kwood (75 pounds lost pre-pregnancy) 20 pounds
Lara310809 5 pounds
mamadonna 3 pounds
maryp0ppins 10 pounds
Perfect_pink 4.5 pounds
TilliePink 4 pounds
Try Rocking (113.4 pounds lost pre-pregnancy) 17.6 lbs
Vickie (105 pounds lost pre-pregnancy) 2 lbs

and I'll start :lol:

A little bit about me. I'm Vickie, mommy to Hannah. I've never been skinny (most of my family is overweight) but since having Hannah I've really let things slide and am not happy. So time to do something about it! After all it's no one's fault but my own if I don't make changes! I'm married to Stan who is skinny! And tall :rofl: and is one of those people who can eat pretty much whatever he wants. Luckily he is a good guy though and is really on board with the plan and is even portioning his own food and not having as many snacks and sweet things (well around me at least :haha:0

So far I really like the plan. I joined the Online group as I don't have a car to get to meetings and don't fancy waiting on a bus in the dark alone :lol: It's great though. They have an online calculator that helps you keep track of your points through the day.

My daily point allowance is 31 right now with 35 "extra" points for the week. I need to buy a scale to do at home weekly weigh ins so am not certain of my weight right now. Planning to do that this weekend :) as well as buying some healthy foods!

Honey, I wanted to wish you much luck! :hugs:

Good luck girls I have always done weight watchers and really love it.
I am currently on this now too. :thumbup:

:hi: Hope you'll stick around and give tips and advice?

Good luck Vickie! :flower:

WW is GREAT, I love it! esource is really good too online, you can put your weight in online and it builds a little graph, I also type what I've eaten in my planner on there as I hate writing lol

yeah the WW online is really convenient I find for putting in food, finding points etc. I see a graph but have only been a part of the program for since Friday? so nothing on there yet :lol:

There are some great recipes on e source too, I take the laptop in the Kitchen with a recipe on and whip this up.

I've only done one recipe so far! We really need to go grocery shopping (payday is Friday :lol:) and until than I'm stuck with what's in the house :dohh: and there's not much in the house :rofl:

what do you all do for "treats"? I was thinking of buying some of the chocolate pudding cups (fat free of course :lol:) and they have some decent looking popcorn recipes on there that we are planning to try :D

WW stuff :rofl: I never cook... I love their Ice cream deserts not sure if you would have them over there though? :shrug: Banoffee Desserts, they also do lovely cakes and chocolate bars :thumbup:

WW stuff :rofl: I never cook... I love their Ice cream deserts not sure if you would have them over there though? :shrug: Banoffee Desserts, they also do lovely cakes and chocolate bars :thumbup:

Thanks will have a look :) I'm not sure if they do the ice cream here or not? I hope so :lol: I don't mind cooking and did find a few recipes on the site for chocolate chip cookies and brownies already :haha:

I've been doing WW since September and have lost 21 Pounds so far :)

My favourite things are
*0-Point soup made with butternut squash, red pepper, red onion, 1-2 carrots and lots of chilli powder :)
*a Muller Light Yogurt that was in the freezer all day as it has a lovely almost icecream-like texture and only 1.5 Points.
*1 mini pot/or 50g Sainsbury's 'Good to You' Hummus with a Pitta bread and lots of carrots=4 points *yum* I love hummus!

we've only tried one of the chicken rub recipes so far but will look into those! :) There's a Chipotle crispy skins recipe that I am very eager to try though!!

well done on 21 pounds so far!!!

:wohoo: I'm excited we went shopping today! :rofl:

I didn't find the WW Ice cream but there is a brand here called skinny cow and I picked a few of those up, only worth 1 point apiece :happydance: got loads of fruits and veggies as well and some whole wheat pasta etc. :)

Oooh yes we have skinny cow here too, very nice :thumbup:

plan on sampling it tonight :lol:

though when I did the online calculator it says 2 points instead of 1 so I'll go with that rather than what I saw online as it's probably more accurate :shrug:

good luck, WW is fab. I have been following it since feb last year. I will keep checking in on you.

chrissie x x

well I weighed in this morning and from my estimated weight of last week (wasn't 100% positive so went by last doctor's visit in May!) I've lost 5 pounds :wohoo: I think I'd be more excited if I actually knew that was what I lost :haha:

oh and just a thought for those posting on here do you want me to edit the first post with our usernames and weight lost to date? than can update on a weekly or biweekly basis if we want?

Go Girls Go!!! You can all do it. I have been on WW since July of 08 and I am at 76 lbs gone for ever!!!! The last few pounds have been the hardest...and I have not really followed program lately so that is why. but this week I am by the book and I am expecting great results. I will hit goal this week or next week :wohoo:

Here is a great tip that my mom and I go by... We always say... Dont train like a Sumo ... make sure you eat breakfast...

Here is how Sumo's train:
----------------------------------------
Sumo Wrestlers: This is How You Get Fat

There's only one sport where they actually aim to gain as much body fat as possible: Sumo Wrestling. According to this article - here is what a sumo wrestler does to get fat:

1. Skip breakfast. By depriving their bodies of food after eight hours of sleep, their metabolic rates stay low.

2. Exercise on an empty stomach. If their bodies have
no food, their metabolic thermostats are turned down even lower to conserve fuel.

3. Take a nap after eating. The Sumo secret for gaining weight is that, after eating, they sleep for at least four hours.

4. Eat late in the day. Going to bed with full stomachs means that their bodies must respond to the huge flood of nutrients with a rush of insulin, forcing their bodies to store some of it in the cells as fat instead of in the muscles and organs as nutrients.

5. Always eat with others in a social atmosphere. According to leading researchers, a meal eaten with others can be at least 44 percent larger and with 30 percent more calories and fat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->