• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

The Weight Watchers Support group ~ over 1/2 a TON weight loss so far!!!

hey vickie :wave: that is a fantastic loss honey! well done! i've done ww on and off for years, before i met james i lost about 4.5 stone on it, now however, contentment and stress last year mean's i have it to loss again :dohh: so i too joined ww's online last week :D

would love to track my ww's journey with you hon :D i lost 2.5lb's last week :D

Vickie thats a great idea :thumbup:

I love the Skinny Cow Ice cream :cloud9: Although I do find WW point alot of things higher online than I do on my calculator :shrug:

Vickie thats a great idea :thumbup:

I love the Skinny Cow Ice cream :cloud9: Although I do find WW point alot of things higher online than I do on my calculator :shrug:

yeah I've been finding the same, when possible I've been doing the online calculator instead :shrug: even if it's more points

:hi: PB good to see you join! :happydance: Will start a list on the first page of members and weight lost to date! :thumbup:

updated the first page with a list of people and weights, please if I've missed anyone let me know and I'll add you with the weight lost so far. :thumbup:

I made this recipe this morning https://www.thatsmyhome.com/healthy/weight-watchers/blueberry-muffins.htm and it was good! :happydance: Stan ate FOUR of them :rofl: and Hannah loved them to

I also made the baked macaroni and cheese with broccoli last night for dinner (you can find it on the online recipes :)) and it was pretty good. I made some changes to it (I don't like onions). Even Hannah liked it

For those of you with kids how are you feeding them? I obviously can't cut full fat products out of Hannah's diet altogether (she's only 18 months) and I'm finding it hard to strike a balance

:wave: Can I join in please?
My stats:
Start Weight: 157lb
Want to Lose: 42lb
Loss week 1: 5lb
Loss week 2: 2lb

Points allowed per day: 18
Activity points earned per day: usually 3

as for your question about how i feed the family... I still get alot of our "regular" foods, but have substituted my own snacks and meals for one (like lunch) with healthier options. So Abbie's diet has not been altered at all!

:wave: Can I join in please?
My stats:
Start Weight: 157lb
Want to Lose: 42lb
Loss week 1: 5lb
Loss week 2: 2lb

Points allowed per day: 18
Activity points earned per day: usually 3

as for your question about how i feed the family... I still get alot of our "regular" foods, but have substituted my own snacks and meals for one (like lunch) with healthier options. So Abbie's diet has not been altered at all!

Hun 18 points sounds a bit low. Thats the bare minimum daily points for the program. How did you calculate those pointes?

Here is the Points Targe quiz

1) What do you weigh? Enter the first two digits of your weight in pounds. For example, if you weight 175 enter 17. If you weight less than 100 pounds enter the first digit of your weight in pounds. For example, for 98 enter 9.

2) Are you: Female = 2 Male = 8

3) How old are you?
17-26 = 4
27-37 = 3
38-47 = 2
48-58 = 1
over 58 = 0

4) How Tall are you?
Under 5'1 = 0
5'1 to 5'10 = 1
Over 5'10 = 2

5) Do you spend most of your work day:
Sitting Down? = 0
Occasionally sitting, but mainly standing = 2
Walking? = 4
Doing physically hard work = 6

6) For nursing moms only, are you:
Solely breastfeeding? = 10
Supplementing breastfeeding with some solid foods or formula? = 5

:hi: Tiggertea

My points are 31 a day right now, so fairly hi :lol: and for activity points I can't say I've earned many, I earned some walking this weekend but they don't have chasing a toddler on there :lol: so I never really put anything in :shrug:

I was drinking a dr. pepper a day and that took up loads of my points I found :dohh: so yesterday was my first day without :wohoo: and it went okay!! Also since we've gone shopping I do find I'm eating more now but still staying within my points :shrug:

weightwatchers online calculated it for me :shrug:
prob coz i'm only a weeny 5ft0 and my activities are usually sitting on my bum all day hehehe

how do you find it having that few points (well it seems few to me at the moment, maybe further down the road it won't seem so low?)

ww online have given me 28 points atm - but i'm trying to bank 7 a day, tbh, i've found this loads vickie, when i done it last time i had lot less to lose :dohh: and was on 22/24 points i think and even that was fine.

my only problem with ww is i need to eat more low GI foods, and on the ww diet i adore jacket potatoes, so it can be hard as i often have to eat less to make sure my food isn't too processed carb. rich due to my pcos :dohh:

with maddi hon, i've always brought maddi's full fat and my low fat, now i find it just requires more planning, and we always have 3 lots of milk on the go :dohh: (skimmed for me, james likes semi skimmed and full fat for maddi)

james is trying to lose weight too, which makes it easier so we eat together when maddi's in bed, and i just cook her's separately from ours, come to think about it, this is why i'm always cooking :lol:

wow I've been using almost my full points daily! :lol: well the last few days but we've also been out and about so eating hasn't been healthy really but still under my points :haha:

So far today I've used 12.5 with dinner still to come, so think I'll end up around the 24/25 point mark :thumbup:

Hannah eats dinner with us and that's the meal that is taking some creative thinking. For breakfast she has cereal and lunch usually a sandwich of some sort so that hasn't changed :)

I haven't found 18points too bad to be honest - My main problem is snacking. specifically on chocolate :blush: so WW and tracking what I eat has (already!) made me think twice about taking all the bad things i had been eating! kind of puts me off when half my points allowance disappears on a snack! :lol:
having said that - i have a had a few days where i've givin in and scoffed a (ahem!) few(?!) extra points!!

I just finished one of those 100 calorie packs :lol: well I ate half and Hannah fed the other half to her daddy :dohh:

I'm the same though have really been thinking twice about everything that I eat!

thats excellent vickie :) well done you!
i too am terrible for chocolate, :blush: it's my down fall :blush:

for your evening meal hon, can you do things with lots of veggies, which you could possibly all eat? xx

Hey ladies,

I follow weight watchers too, I just thought I would let everyone know that the way weight watchers in the UK and weight watchers in America work out point allowances per person and food point allowances is completely different and that is why UK points seem so low.

Also I know in the UK the maximum points you are suppose to bank per day is 4.

Hope you find the information useful!

I think it is a fantastic programme and is something you can follow for the rest of your life if you want to.

xXx

Hey ladies,

I follow weight watchers too, I just thought I would let everyone know that the way weight watchers in the UK and weight watchers in America work out point allowances per person and food point allowances is completely different and that is why UK points seem so low.

Also I know in the UK the maximum points you are suppose to bank per day is 4.

Hope you find the information useful!

I think it is a fantastic programme and is something you can follow for the rest of your life if you want to.

xXx

thanks for that info! I don't know why I didn't consider that but it makes complete sense now! :)

PB I have been trying to do have my plate with veggies, 1/4 meat, and the rest carbs (whatever we're having), I make sure to check my online calculator and keep within the serving size/points amount etc. I still eat things like mashed potatoes but I make sure my portion size is correct (whereas before I ate loads of them because I like them :lol:)

I don't know that I bank points?? I know I can get activity points and I have 35 "extra" points a week but my points that I don't use in day just go away?

well done for loosing 5lbs! :happydance:
Can u add me to your list please? It might give me the incentive 2 behave.

Anyway im Chrissie, im 26, mummy 2 ellie 4yrs and Laura nearly 2yrs.
I hav never had a problem with my weight untill i had Ellie and my PCOS started.

My starting weight was 226.5lbs
Current weight 159
weight loss so far 76.5
My goal is 140 (top end of my healthy BMI but think its realistic)

Im on 18 points and finding it harder as my points are going down, my weight lose has also slowed right down but im determined 2 get 2 goal x x

:hi: Chrissie! Well done on your weight lose so far! 77.5 Pounds is awesome! :happydance:

oops sorry is 67.5 lbs :blush:
its cos we use stone in uk so im working the lbs out on my calculator :wacko:
sorry 2 mess u around x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs