The wonderful world of body basal temperatures (or whatever it's called???)

poppy

Mum of Three
Reaction score
:hi:So, after reading so much about it here - people charting and so forth, I decided to go out and buy one of those themometers and start charting. It's probably a bit late on in the month to start (day 12 out of a 31 day cycle) but hey ho!

My hubbie nearly had a heart attack this morning when I switched it on and it made a loud beeping noise! :rofl: He saw me sitting up in bed with this themometer hanging out of my mouth and said, 'what on earth are you doing? It's like 6.30 in the morning - are you ill?' Trying to explain to a man what body basal temperature and charting is at 6.30 in the morning is not fun! He just said, 'oh' and turned over and went to sleep -grrr! Let's hope it works - I have got a normal reading this morning, so I will be using this along with the ovulation sticks to try and track my ovulation. I usually get ovulation pains as well - maybe I'm going a tad overboard. Oh well!

How are the rest of you doing?

I haven't done the basal body temperature, of course we haven't been trying all that long yet, so maybe later. I don't know if my DH would want to BD with me if I started charting and trying to explain it to him, some things are just better left unsaid :rofl:

:rofl:You're probably right. I might not mention these things to him from now on - keep the 'glamour' and all that!:thumbup:

Like you, I'm early on in ttc (second month), but I'm such an information addict - I like to know what's going on with my cycle and stuff. But, I should definately try to chill out about it. Last month, I was so nervous during the two week wait and convinced myself I was experiencing 'symptoms.' It doesn't help that I get a lot of PMS symptoms that are similar to preggers symptoms. I was so disappointed when the :witch:turned up. So this month, I'm going to try (I say 'try') to not get so wound up about it - easier said than done.

How are you today, sort of cycle buddy?:hugs:

I know what you mean about the information. As soon as we TTC I started looking up everything I could online and even bought a book and read it in 2 days! The first month was the hardest, I analyzed everything. I even noticed a few AF symptoms that I had never noticed before. This month is better, I find myself not worrying to much about it and not over-analyzing things. I am doing the every other day BD though (which my husband LOVES) so we'll see how things go. I'm doing pretty darn good here how about you??:hugs:

Yeah, fairly good - got an exam for my part-time psychology course next week, so a l'm a little stressed. Probably should be studying rather than on the internet!!!

I didn't know you were in school. Good luck on your test, I'm sure you'll do great :hugs: A little procrastination never hurt anyone (as long as you get some studying done :rofl: )I finished university this past May, thank goodness.

No, I'm not in school. I work full time, but I am doing a part-time psychology course in my spare time.

Good on you for taking that on while working full-time. I tried to work full-time and take courses but I found that by the time I got home I didn't want to read school books and write papers :rofl:

I know the feeling - hence the online time wasting!:rofl:

You aren't wasting time, you are doing research for TTC :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Poppy, to get a more accurate reading you should really start charting at the begining of the month, But since your so excited then go for it, lol.

My Oh has got used to me waking up at 6am rolling over and taking my temp. I have even shown him how to read my chart and what to look for ( the dip), he is interested in it all and will do what ever works best for me.

Good luck Poppy and Vickie I hope you get your BFP soon :hugs:

Thanks bek :hugs: Good luck to you too!!

:rofl: bless you! Did he manage to remember when he woke up again lol

Good luck charting Poppy

x

PMSL I tried charting....hubby thought you had to shove the thermometor up r minge!

Erm you can do it that way - I believe its more accurate as well lol!

Hi

I'm charting BBT as well. I have to say I really like it coz it backs up what my OPK says. My OPK said I ov'd on day 16 and my temps dipped and then went back up. I'm using fertilityfriend.com to analyse my charts coz I don't think I would have been able to do it by myself, I found it hard at first to read the patterns but I'm getting into it now.

It's also useful as a kind of diary of symptoms as well coz you can chart those as well and that means I can compare months.

This is only my second cycle doing it though.

Anyway, good luck with yours

H xx

Good luck with your psychology course btw x

Ive been a regular charter for 20ish months now with some breaks here and there.
I also do it along with opks and i find it very helpful to know whats going on with my cycle, even if its just for info to go to the doctors with.

I think starting mid cycle is actually better, when you first start out its hard to remember taking your temp and you end up missing a few. by the time you get to the sart of the next cycle youll be in a routine of doing it.

Hi gals!

Took my BBT this morning and it had gone up quite a lot from the day before. However, I have not ovulated yet (too ovulation test as well). I did have a disturbed sleep (nervous about exam), so I take it that is what caused the temperature rise (the booklet said that is quite common).

Got quite a lot of egg whitey CM this morning when I first went to the toilet (TMI - sorry!) but then nothing then next two times I went. I shouldn't be ovulating till about Wednesday - hmmm. I do start to get CM from about four days before usually (but not quite as much or egg whitey). :shy:

Could be a good sign your in your fertile days (CM) ... Ovulation shows for one day your fertile for more than one day :D

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->