The Year 2000

twinkle1975

Reaction score
I've just read a thread in the Santa's grotto about what people were doing at Christmas in the year 2000 - it has made me feel really old as so many of the replies were like this 'I was 8 and still believed in Santa', 'I was 12 and I'd just got my first mobile phone' :brat:
So I've come back over here to talk to people with some proper life experience!
In 2000 I was 25 & I'd just moved back in with my parents after splitting up with my ex husband. They were giving me lots of TLC and I was enjoying the fact that I didn't have to go to my in-laws for Christmas lunch of boiled beef! :happydance:

What were you doing 10 years ago?

Great thread! I was 20 in the year 2000 and I was madly in love with my then boyfriend (now husband). We were at uni, living and loving life without a care in the world... no mortgages, bills, worries. We both spent Christmas with our parents but met up at night for a kiss and cuddle and to exchange extravagant presents. Ahh those were the days! We're still madly in love but we've got a mortgage, bills and plenty of worries too!

Christmas 2000 I was just really getting my career started and had known my soon to be dh for a year.

I was a mummy with an 8 month old! 23 years old and off on maternity leave

X

In the year 2000, I was 33 and wrinkle free (lacked character lines). :D
I was also in grad school, completing my MBA.

Hmm... I had graduated university a few years before, and was living the dream of travelling all over, working in different countries. but in 2000 I returned to my home of choice, Montreal - and met DH four years later.

Spent new year`s eve with friends in New York in time square - was actually rather disapointing, not much happened, security was crazy and people went home early - but will was happy to be there for the occasion :)

I was 28 yrs old and my marriage was on the rocks..we divorced in 2003..I had just been promoted at work..still work there today..and christmas / new years that year I was soooo sick that I basicly slept though the holidays

At Xmas in 2000 i was 30 and doing a course at Krakow Uni in Poland living a very debauched and free of concern student life having come out of a very abusive relationship the year before in the US (where i was living before then). I also met my then boyfriend that New Years Day which inadvertently set me on the course to my future husband and the life i now lead - life works in mysterious ways, lol! :)

Ps, screw those 'children' in that other santa's grotto. We could easily then do a Xmas 1980, 1985, 1990 etc etc. The point is not how young they are or how ahem, 'old' we are (lol!) but look at out stories so far- WOW! So much experience, living and most of all proof no one knows what life brings.

Now Santa- Bring on the babies, lol!

:hugs: Omi xxx

Fab thread!

Christmas 2000 I was 26 and living with my ex, we were engaged and got married the following year. We were happy then but since split in 2006 after a few years of it being 'rocky'. My how life changes! I have now been with my OH (so much better for me than ex ever was!) for nearly 3 years, was made redundant this year from the place I'd worked for nearly 19 years, have just started a new job! I guess if we could predict what life had in store it would be boring :thumbup: Guess the same goes for :baby:'s!! x

Thanks Omi - I find you all much more fascinating than the 'children!'

Oh gawd... 10 yrs ago at xmas? Hmmmm.... I had just turned 27... newly single... living by myself for the first time... working hard AND playing hard... lol... all whilst enjoying the craziness of going out with my girlfriends on the weekends, cause I was so NOT ready to meet anyone yet. lol.

Soooo much happier now with my hubby and step-daughter... Did have some fun times though (but those are stories for a different time... hehe) wink wink

Great thread!

I was 28 and was with a man who didn't appreciate me!! Luckily for me I left him a few months later when I discovered he had tried it on with one of my friends when I was away for the weekend! We were living in a horrible little rented flat with no heating.

How much wiser I am today and how happy I am to be with my OH! We might be older but definitely have matured well (like a good cheese or wine!!)

xx

I was 25, working, having an affair with the boss' little brother. I went home to my parents and that is about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->