theme parks north west england.

missk1989

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any good toddler friendly theme parks or similar things in the north west? I know ther is cbeebies at Alton Towers but im hesitant about taking the 2 hour drive there and back and then a full day of action. I know there are loads but just cant remember any!

Just looked at gullivers world and its ace! but im looking to go during the week, term time and its shut then :(

Well it isn't a theme park but Heaton Park have huge fairs on almost all summer and often at other times and for toddlers they have pretty much the same rides, but cheaper than a theme park. Gulliver's World is great, what time of year are you looking to go? I used to go to Southport when I was little but not sure if it's open still. Blackpool has a lot of kid's rides and also a Nickelodeon Land. Not taken LO yet but it looks good. That's definitely open year round. There's also Camelot which might be good for toddlers but I don't remember being particularly impressed when I went a few years ago, though I was without LO then.

Not sure if it might be too far but there's diggerland in castleford am not sure how many rides etc are suitable for very small children but everyone I know had loved it.

Www.diggerland.com

Gullivers world was very run down last time I went and its quite pricey for what it actually is.

Blackpool pleasure beach has nickelodeon land? That might be good for you. Southport is still open but its not great lol.

Camelot shut down a couple of years ago.

Suppose it really depends where in the north west you are

There's Knowsley Safari Park. There fair is pretty small but in my experience with Lucas being so little he's not as overstimulated (compared to when we visited Drayton Manor for example and he had an absolute meltdown). We spend a fair bit of time there as we live 5 mins down the road, I think it's perfect for the littler ones.

When did you go to Gulliver's World Smileyfaces? I took Rory for his last birthday and although it wasn't all shiny and amazing he adored it and we didn't even get round the whole place. Restaurants were absolutely horrendous though! Stay clear of any 'free pizza and pasta' deal, it's like puke on a plate.

When did you go to Gulliver's World Smileyfaces? I took Rory for his last birthday and although it wasn't all shiny and amazing he adored it and we didn't even get round the whole place. Restaurants were absolutely horrendous though! Stay clear of any 'free pizza and pasta' deal, it's like puke on a plate.

About two or three years ago!I think it could just do with a face lift, it looked quite dreary but I suppose it would do in comparison to the bigger theme parks (alton towers for example). Gullivers has been there for years...I used to go as a kid :haha: Glad Rory enjoyed it, I may take Oscar next year :thumbup:

About two or three years ago!I think it could just do with a face lift, it looked quite dreary but I suppose it would do in comparison to the bigger theme parks (alton towers for example). Gullivers has been there for years...I used to go as a kid :haha: Glad Rory enjoyed it, I may take Oscar next year :thumbup:

Yeah it did seem magical as a kid didn't it! Admittedly it isn't too pretty but I guess the kids don't see that. I think they've been slowly doing it up too.

I thought gullivers world was ok when I took my son last year, but he was free, I wouldn't like to pay full price for him. Didn't realise Camelot had shut down!

Yeah it did seem magical as a kid didn't it! Admittedly it isn't too pretty but I guess the kids don't see that. I think they've been slowly doing it up too.

Yeah I used to love the 'Antelope' ride :haha:

I thought gullivers world was ok when I took my son last year, but he was free, I wouldn't like to pay full price for him. Didn't realise Camelot had shut down!

Yeah I think for me, OH and Osc it worked out at about 40-50 quid or something which is quite a bit really considering its not a huge place. I will pay it though, probably next year!

I'm off to Gulliver's in a few weeks. I last went 3 years ago and DS1 loved it then. Hoping DD will enjoy it this year.

I just find it morally wrong that as soon as they reach 90cm they are pretty much full price, especially at gullivers world where there were hardly any rides that a child between 90-120cm were allowed on or were suitable! Please someone correct me if I'm wrong though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->