There is hope!

That's why I mentioned the ovulation sticks as they worked for me.

Thanks Milliesun.
as you can see i have been TTC and a member since FEB 08!!!!
I LOVE to see these success stories........especially since i am now 40!

Now if we're talking about threads BnB should not allow....the 2WW is the worst!!!!! hahaha

what a difficult topic... I am encouraged to read hope stories but I also totally understand Sarah`s frustration.

As a comparison, my son was born prematurely in 2010 in the ELBW category - extremely low birth weight. His survival odds were small and he fought for dear life the first few weeks. During this hellish time I often attended preemie parent meetings. It really helped to talk with other parents living similar nightmares. At these meetings there were always a few mothers who would BAWL their eyes out, sobbing, shaking etc because their little ones had to stay..... 2-3 nights because of jaundice. Here I was praying to myself every waking moment `please let me son survive... ' while he flatlined sometimes twice a day and was told he would certainly be severely handicapped.

I tried very, very, very hard to find sympathy in my heart for these mothers. I`m usually a rational person, very caring and outgoing. "Their pain was as valid as mine" I repeated to myself over and over. But I just couldn`t find the empathy to do so. I secretly hated them with a passion. I would give my both arms to be in their shoes. When a good friend gave birth to a healthy boy in a hospital instead of her chosen home birth, she cried and lamented for days over it. Again I tried so VERY hard to find one ounce of sympathy for my dear friend. I understood rationally that she was in pain. But oddly I just couldn`t FEEL any sympathy. I also couldn`t STAND birth stories. I avoided relatives`s happy birth news like the plague. I would run out of baby stores, unable to stand the sight of a round belly. To this day I still avoid all of the bnb birth announcements. So I can totally understand how annoying these happy messages become.

That period in my life taught me many things, gave me a whole new perspective on life. Oh and to reassure you, my story does have a happy ending, despite the rough start my son is now a thriving, happy toddler :cloud9:

Since I`m rambling confessions, to this day I just can`t stand the baby club forum of bnb. There`s absolutely nothing wrong with it, the ladie there are absolutely wonderful! I just find what others worry about rather ridiculous and silly heh. I roll my eyes constantly and well I stick to the familiar preemie section ;)

well except now since we`re crazy and are talking about number 2. I`m turning 40 in 6 weeks, eeek!! It took 7 months for number 1, hoping this time if we get lucky and have a number 2 the journey will be a bit more peaceful ;)

wow ladies! big hugs to everyone! congrats to the op and the birth of her daughter i love her name and so beautiful.

To be honest i go throught different stages with TTC sometimes i'm happy go lucky, sometimes the smallest things are a struggle, even simple things like pg count down tickers get to me when i see them in the ttc section lol, today i can laugh at that one! i used to really struggle with those who already have a number of children and express their frustration at not getting pg!!:blush::blush::blush: (how terrible was that? awful!)

After spending many months on b and p and in my own struggle with ttc i learn't that TTC is hard for for a lot of women and yes a lot harder for others :cry: and this is the strange thing? i wish i could make it better for us all so that we can all have our babies when we want them, but i can't. some of the ttc journeys are heart breaking and make you cry :cry::cry::cry: and we all work through it in our own way and the end goal is the same for us all, wanting babies or at least for me some hope it will happen.

Sometimes when it gets difficult i don't know which section to post in because sometimes nothing seems to fit! you never know what the reaction will be when you do espcially if you u r new as their a lot of un written etiquette (sorry, couldn't think how to put it) to learn :shrug:. I did at one point stop posting in another section because the responses and reactions from some were just scarey, or plain crazy! ( i think they have been deleted now) it's a big gamble posting but hey thats just my stuff! :wacko:

I'll be 2 yrs ttc in march (39 not long after) and waiting for a refferal to fs due to known male factor infertility and i'm just being tested. So for me any baby concieved over 35 or around my own age is a news of hope. perhaps one day this may not be so? we'll see.

i think that the media and some of the medical profession and society are hard on women ttc at the best of times let alone anyone in their 30,s and 40's, so i no longer look at age related stuff it just :wacko: and came to b and p to share others knowlege, experiances both good and bad. Most of all we are all here for support in the hard road of ttc and motherhood.

Lots of love to you all x :kiss:

Congrats on your baby girl, she has a beautiful name.

:hugs: to all the ladies! :hugs:

touchy subject but I think that no matter what we agree or disagree with, the one thing we do AGREE on is that we all want to see that :bfp:, go through with our 9 months of pregnancy w/o any complications, and give birth to a healthy :baby: I wish that for all us :hugs:

:hugs: :hugs: baby :dust: to you all :hugs: :hugs:

Thank you! :hugs:

'advanced maternal age' at 36?? How rude to call you that! X

It's actual medical terminology. You are considered AMA if your edc is on or after your 35th birthday.
I've heard of doc's actually saying 'geriatric'. I'd rather be AMA anyday than geriatric. :haha:

I was lucky then as my age was never mentioned once during pregnancy or when I gave birth 3 months after my 40th birthday. I was even classed as low risk (which did surprise me, given my age!!). My midwife had to tell me to stop worrying!!

Actually my mum had me at 30, and she was classed a old!! That's soooo young :haha:

:hugs: to all the ladies! :hugs:

touchy subject but I think that no matter what we agree or disagree with, the one thing we do AGREE on is that we all want to see that :bfp:, go through with our 9 months of pregnancy w/o any complications, and give birth to a healthy :baby: I wish that for all us :hugs:

:hugs: :hugs: baby :dust: to you all :hugs: :hugs:

Me too:hugs:

Good luck everyone x

Thanks Milliesun.

Now if we're talking about threads BnB should not allow....the 2WW is the worst!!!!! hahaha

I recognise your name!

Good luck hun:hugs: xx

Sometimes when it gets difficult i don't know which section to post in because sometimes nothing seems to fit! you never know what the reaction will be when you do espcially if you u r new as their a lot of un written etiquette (sorry, couldn't think how to put it) to learn :shrug:. I did at one point stop posting in another section because the responses and reactions from some were just scarey, or plain crazy! ( i think they have been deleted now) it's a big gamble posting but hey thats just my stuff! :

Hello tigerlilly

It is difficult as there are so many women with different circumstances and a ttc over 35 group is a bit generic. I wish I could change the title of this thread to avoid people getting upset. I would never have dreamt putting my message in the long term ttc or assisted conception! Unfortunately I upset people going through Ivf which makes me feel terrible.

It's a pity they don't have more specific groups;

Over 35 ttc naturally (also one for 40 plus)

Over 35 assisted conception etc etc

Over 35 success stories!

This could then help prevent any upset.

It's a stressful time ttc and I remember being obsessed with cycles, opk's, pregnancy tests etc. It takes over your life.

My heart goes out to anyone who suffers disappointment month after month.

Good luck to all of you x x
:dust:

theres actually a general 'rule' in this folder that BFP announcements are not made, for the reasons we have been discussing. Funnily enough I was the first to comment that I didnt agree with it, as I do think we should be able to read BFPs, it seemed silly that we would be following peoples journeys and they couldnt say when they got a bfp. so they ended up putting a BFP sticky at the top, so this post would have been perfect there.

I just want to reiterate it wasnt the BFP being mentioned that upset me at all, its the general message of 'hope'. every month or so someone posts a message of hope in here and its usually from people who dont post in this section normally or who havent really stuggled at all. this even lead to someone starting a sarcastic thread about hope!! someone who gets a bfp fairly quickly doesnt give hope as obviously age wasnt an issue for them, thats all I meant.

anyway enough has been said on this subject, Milliesun your avatar is just so cute :thumbup:

TTC 35+ is open to anyone who fits that bracket! as place to share ur experiances of trying to become a mum finally becoming a mum:happydance: when ur over 35 regardless of our situation 35 + covers a huge spectrum of experiances that are further broken into the other areas eg assisted etc. Sometimes ppl find a section which suits and stay there. Even tho i'm 38 i spend a lot of time in the general ttc section and pop in and out of the others when needed or checking in on friends. I know that when i do get my BFP i will at some point have to move onto a new section and start the whole process over again lol and go through the same confusion on trying to work out the un written rules phew! what a head ache. I think as well alot of us post in different forums and don't always make the correct one for our situation, our home, look at me 38 and in general ttc!!! we're waiting for our refferall for fs as our gp thinks ivf my be they way forwards for us as dh had poor morphology. so for me any hope is welcome my darling. I'm sorry to read of your losses it's so hard isn't it? all this ttc big hugs and congrats on ur baby xx

Thanks Milliesun.

OMG, I think the 2WW thread is the WORST too but I find myself stopping by there even though I'm 39; I wish there was a over 35 2WW! I hope to find some needle in a haystack for information on that thread but geeeeeeeez :wacko: it's not easy.

Thank you so much for your post Milliesun. I am 38 & just about to TTC this weekend (when I hope to get my smiley face). Your story has encouraged me that it is worth trying because when i read statistics about difficulty conceiving & possible abnormalities I think maybe I shouldnt bother but after reading your post I am def gonna try!x

Thank you so much for your post Milliesun. I am 38 & just about to TTC this weekend (when I hope to get my smiley face). Your story has encouraged me that it is worth trying because when i read statistics about difficulty conceiving & possible abnormalities I think maybe I shouldnt bother but after reading your post I am def gonna try!x

Good lock Wanna.
I'm 39 and TTC, I'm very hopeful.

me too--im 39-dont give up yet!

Thank you! :hugs:

'advanced maternal age' at 36?? How rude to call you that! X

First of all, your daughter is beautiful! x

My sister was called geriatric, she got pregnant at 39.

Gawd knows what I will be called if I ever get that lucky...I am 46...they will be rolling a zimmer frame out! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->