There is hope!

thanks for posting your wonderful story:) I really enjoyed reading it. I am 42 and TTC#1 knowing that others are having success through perseverance is heartwarming:)

thanks again for posting and best wishes

Madeline xx

Also thank you for posting. I am nearly 39 and have good days and bad.

On the bad days, I feel that I have left this all too late and it is my own fault if I don't conceive.

On the good days, I think I still have time left and as I'm healthy, I just need to be patient!

Stories like yours are brilliant because it helps us remember that there are a lot of women that conceive aged 35 and over. In fact 2 of my friends gave birth this year aged 38/39, with no problems at all. They both conceived naturally and both have happy, healthy babies.

Thank you again, and as many others have said, what a beautiful baby! x

Also thank you for posting. I am nearly 39 and have good days and bad.

On the bad days, I feel that I have left this all too late and it is my own fault if I don't conceive.

On the good days, I think I still have time left and as I'm healthy, I just need to be patient!

Stories like yours are brilliant because it helps us remember that there are a lot of women that conceive aged 35 and over. In fact 2 of my friends gave birth this year aged 38/39, with no problems at all. They both conceived naturally and both have happy, healthy babies.

Thank you again, and as many others have said, what a beautiful baby! x

You are welcome!

Oh you are still young! There are loads of women 35 plus having babies. One of my friends is 42 and due in June. No risk pregnancy and all natural!

I felt like you when I started ttc at 38/39 and thought it would take months and months but it didn't. Then when I was pregnant I expected to have all the complications that older moms can face etc etc ( reading too many bloody newspaper reports!!). I was classed as low risk giving birth at 40!!! I loved my pregnancy and had no side effects ( not one stretch mark - haha).

My midwife mentioned me having a second and when I moaned about how old I was she told me not to be silly. She was seeing lots of 40 plus giving birth.

There is lots of advice on here, but all I did was take folic acid and use a opk to ensure we bd when I ovulated! I do have a regular 28 day cycle which may help. Afterwards just keep legs up!! Oh and sorry if too much information, but I read that orgasm can help that sperm enter the cervix!!!!!

Good luck!

X:hugs:

thanks for posting your wonderful story:) I really enjoyed reading it. I am 42 and TTC#1 knowing that others are having success through perseverance is heartwarming:)

thanks again for posting and best wishes

Madeline xx

Thank you and I am glad you enjoyed reading it. That's just the reason why I posted. :hugs:

Good luck! X

Thank you so much for your post Milliesun. I am 38 & just about to TTC this weekend (when I hope to get my smiley face). Your story has encouraged me that it is worth trying because when i read statistics about difficulty conceiving & possible abnormalities I think maybe I shouldnt bother but after reading your post I am def gonna try!x

I read all the statistics and felt just like you! My doctor told me to ignore them.

I am glad I did :happydance:

Good luck. I love seeing the smiley face!!!

:hugs:

PS
It is just as hard to be a newbie and trying to keep a PMA while searching for support ans proactively educating herself yet be surrounded by stories of Difficulties and losses. Therefore positive stories of those with success over 35 are just as important.

Just saying.

Having been a 'newbie' and now being on cycle 13 with not one bfp I can categorically say (for me) it wasn't just as hard to keep a pma as it is now. I can understand the poster trying to give hope, that's admirable and glad you have a beautiful baby to show for it, but I can also understand why someone would be excitedly clicking the thread to read a story of hope to be disappointed as it doesn't relate to them as a high percentage of us that need 'hope' have not seen a bfp in a lifetime.

Also, suggesting someone leaves the over 35 forum, I'm disgusted!!

I am a long time lurker of B&B and never post but the reply you received from one member prompted me to post.
I am 38 & my husband is 43. We were trying to conceive #1 for 2 years before I became pregnant with my baby girl.
For a long time I used this website to read hopeful stories, ones like yours, to give me a positive outlook instead of accepting defeat as I'm sure a lot of us feel like doing sometimes.

People that get upset about reading other peoples good news & positive stories shouldn't read threads that clearly display 'hope headings' like this one.

Congratulations!

I am a long time lurker of B&B and never post but the reply you received from one member prompted me to post.
I am 38 & my husband is 43. We were trying to conceive #1 for 2 years before I became pregnant with my baby girl.
For a long time I used this website to read hopeful stories, ones like yours, to give me a positive outlook instead of accepting defeat as I'm sure a lot of us feel like doing sometimes.

People that get upset about reading other peoples good news & positive stories shouldn't read threads that clearly display 'hope headings' like this one.

Congratulations!

None of the ladies who felt upset about this thread were upset about reading others good news, they have all congratulated the poster on her beautiful baby and to say people shouldn't read hope posts....many ltttc ladies post hope posts which would be inspiring to those. It's obvious that the original posters story will inspire some who have had losses, but it's also totally understandable that someone would get upset, even a little envious, of someone who can become pregnant so easily.

Possibly a way around it, so that people aren't saying others should stay off certain forums or threads is to title their 'hope' thread more specifically 'hope after miscarriage' or warn that the thread contains a bfp. It does seem like that's an unwritten rule already and some who don't post on here regularly or haven't been here long may not realise such strong feelings are stirred up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->