These Natural Ways To Induce Labor Really Work

Wobbles

BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired
Reaction score
Sick of waiting for baby to arrive? Try these natural ways to induce labor (and get your pregnancy over with already).

Click HERE!

The fact castor oil is recommended on this list sickens me. It can be very very dangerous to baby and is very old and outdated advice. Please DO NOT use castor oil to try and induce labour. As a forum for moms this should really have been checked beforehand!

Agreed, not a fan of this link as it doesnt give all the right info some of these are perceived to be bad including nipple stimulation...the tea also doesnt do anything to bring on labour I heard???? It just tone muscles and that's it. Hmmm!

While some of these methods may be controversial, none of them have been undeniably proven to be dangerous, and many women have had success with them. My doctor recommended many of these, including castor oil and nipple stimulation (which I tried several times with 0 adverse effects). That being said, I wouldn’t try most of these without doing your own research and getting an opinion/approval from your care provider, since it is controversial. Can’t really lose anything by simply waiting, though! Baby isn’t gonna come until they’re ready.

This list is pretty minimalistic, though. Could share a bit more info...

Two previous pregnancies we tried everything (except the castor oil) to get labour to start, the only thing that worked was sex... (and he had to ejaculate as it ripens cervix) if the baby is ready then it can work
Pregnancy 1 - labour started 8 hrs after sex
Pregnancy 2 - labour started immediately (waters started leaking straight after)

We have had a hot curry about 2 hours ago...nothing occuring so far lol. Didnt expect it to anyway it's just fun to try out different things! Sex we haven't tried as it freaks my husband out. We may try it at the weekend though, both keen to have this baby here now!!

Going to give sex a go after the weekend, OH will be pleased I reckon as we haven't had sex in months!

Agreed, not a fan of this link as it doesnt give all the right info some of these are perceived to be bad including nipple stimulation...the tea also doesnt do anything to bring on labour I heard???? It just tone muscles and that's it. Hmmm!

I’ve never heard of nipple stimulation being bad? What do they say is bad about it?

I’ve never heard of nipple stimulation being bad? What do they say is bad about it?

I've seen a few articles saying nipple stimulation can bring on contractions strong enough to put baby in distress. However I take this with a pinch of salt like everything else cos it feels like there's a reason to not do alot of things! I've tried it...didn't do anything for me lol.

Nipple stimulation is still encouraged by midwives today especially during labor. It helps to release hormone surges to help with contractions and dilution. The same reason they eat you to nurse baby to help with the birth of the placenta :)

Nipple stimulation was actually an induction method on my birth plan. I'm not sure if it works though. Red raspberry tea worked for me, twice.

Is RLT deemed as safe? I took it with my daughter and gave birth to her 10!days early

Rlt doesn’t actually induced labor or do anything to the cervix it helps to tone the uterus for more productive contractions and for a better post Paris. Your daughter coming early was just a coincidence :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->