thick, sticky jelly like blob of discharge on liner. why?

shorty2k8

1 son ttc #2
Reaction score
hiya. i've just been to the toilet and cause i've been gettin discharge I wear a liner. I looked and there was a blob of very sticky thick jelly like discharge on the liner.

any idea what this could have been?

xx

Sounds like part of your mucus plug.

your show or mucus plug is supose to look like that i think. x

Mmm sounds ike mucas plug, though you seem early to be having loss of Mucas.. I would phone MW for reassurance it might be discharge as that increases when further along.. but is worth double checking on x

oh sugar. it's definitely different to any discharge i've had. the discharge is normally slimy and wet. but this was dry and sticky. i'll ring midwife and see what she thinks. thank you girls xx

I rang the midwife and she said it could be part of my mucus plug, but not to panic. just got to see how things go. if nothin else happens then all wil be fine, but if i lose any more, or waters or get any pain, loss of movements etc i have to ring labour ward.

hopefully there's enough mucus stil there to keep my baby in longer! he needs to cook a little more before he's ready! lol

xxx

Sounds like mucos plug. I think before 34 ish weeks it can reform anyway :)

yeah i'm not panickin too much, even if i did go into premature labour, he's a good size and midwife assured me that he is more than capable of surviving without major complications at this stage.

Stil want him to stay put for a little longer tho :D

Xx

i lost bits of mine 3 times with my dd. It regenerates. Its only a concern if your early and its bloody

i lost bits of mine 3 times with my dd. It regenerates. Its only a concern if your early and its bloody

This is what my MW told me too. :thumbup:
I had a glob of something thick and sticky (not thin or slimy) once at around 18wks and I asked my MW at my next appointment since I felt fine and there was no blood or pain and baby was still moving around. She said it was not abnormal and that as long as everything else was fine, it shouldn't be a problem. :) Just keep monitoring baby movements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->