Thick white discharge Question

Fermerswife

Reaction score
Girls, I'm at the midwife tomorrow so will ask her then but has anyone noticed an increase in discharge in the third trimester?

I'm 34 weeks and the last week or so I've had a really heavy thick white discharge. I haven't really taken much notice as I didn't have any itching, it didn't seem to smell etc but it seems to get getting more and more. When I go to the loo there's a layer caked on my underwear :blush:

Is this normal or can you have a thrush infection without irritation?

Thanks

If it was thrush you would be itchy & would have a horrible smell.

I have definitely had an increase of discharge this tri, some days a lot more than others (so much so that my underwear is really wet) & some days it is quite thick & crusts on my underwear (sorry if tmi!). From what I have read it is normal.

Not necessarily iv just been told I have thrush yest and I'm not itchy in the slightests because its way high up at cervix and I havnt noticed a smell ither

Really, I did not know that poor you :(

Maybe if you are worried get it checked out, but you also do get an increase of dc towards the end.

I'm experiencing the same and I'm 34 weeks on thursday and that's when I see MW next, mentioned it to her before and she said it wasn't anything to worry about :) as long as it doesn't itch or smell

Thanks girls, it is really bad so I've made a GP appointment for tomorrow afternoon to get a swab taken just incase it is anything. I don't think midwife will have time during my check up in morning but if she does or if she thinks it sounds ok then I can always cancel drs appointment, I'm sure there will be some other last minute person who could make use of it!

Is it kind of like paste? I had that and asked the MFM and was told its just part of the plug and nothing to worry about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->