Thin womb? Do i need to be worried?

phantomfaery1

Mum to Marshall + 1 angel
Reaction score
I had my first c section with my first child and was told later on by the midwife that my womb was paper thin , she said this is to be expected in someone who has had 3 or 4 pregnancies but not in somebody who has only been pregnant once. She then failed to give me anymore information on the subject. So am a bit worried. To make it worse she then says 'i understand your only having c sections from now on'. I was like WHAT! Then she goes ' oh didnt you know? I'll double check that for you'. 2 weeks later i get a letter of apology saying there had been a mix up and i would be able to attempt vbac. I was just wondering if anyone else has thin womb and what this means? Feel pretty clueless x thanks

I have no experience, but my mum was told her womb was also ‘paper thin’ but that was a long time ago and after having me and my sister didn’t plan on having anymore. She did have two sections but that was to do with other problems no the thin womb. Sorry I can’t help more.

Thank you mummy duck really hope it doesnt stop me having more babies :-(

All wombs are stretched thin by the end of pregnancy, that's a frightening thing to say to someone.

I had a uterine tear only noticed during c-section #3, from adhesions and thinning uterine walls, but they said I'd be fine to try for another baby in a year or two if I wanted (I didn't, I had my tubes tied).

Im worried as ive heard it can make it difficult to get pregnant? That it has a big affect on implantation :-( i know i shouldnt google everything but its got me down now :-( one site said it can lower chances to 5% and carrying a pregnancy to term is unlikely :-( my son was induced / crash section 3 weeks early due to lack of growth and waters and it says thin uterus causes less nutrients to get to baby :-( uhh all over the place

Write to your surgeon and ask the question. That’s what I’m doing!

Nickynack did you uave same thing? X

Sort of, I’ve had 4 CS and at my last was told my uterus was paper thin. Also told as long as I accept increased risk of accretia and praevia I could have another baby. But it was five years ago my youngest was born (almost 6) so I’m wanting to double check!

Never asked previously about uterus to be honest! All my babies went to at least 39w

Fingers crossed for you nicky!!!! I feel a bit unlucky ive searched through google and i cant seem to find abyone else who has had it after just 1 pregnancy

Good luck to you too! Hopefully see you on the preggo boards soon haha

Fingers crossed :) on the plus side its made my partner extra enthusiastic :) he wants to dtd more so we have more chance which im not arguing with!!! Dont get an evening to myself!!! Lol

Haha that will change once you’ve lots of babies! I’ll be lucky to get a quick afternoon delight on a day off when the kids are at school ��

I know what you mean me and OH have a child each, so not used to this lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"