Things I need to know

vicki.mummy

Foster Mummy to 2 boys!!!
Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I have a few questions - obviously we're on the IUI list and we're waiting for our date.

When should I start taking folic acid? I've read so many things about this and i'm relatively unsure.

When should I be cutting out caffeine?

Should I be eating/not eating specific things in the months before? I am already dieting but I want to be on top for this :D

Thanks!!!

I would start taking folic acid now hunni. I would say cut back on the caffeine a little but I wouldn't go crazy just yet. When I'm in the TWW, I stay away from coffee and alcohol and try to limit my intake of diet pepsi.

If you're already dieting, I don't think there's anything else in that area you have to do/avoid.

Good Luck! :dust:

bananas are not meant to be good for both partners.
just found this aswell:
Make sure you don't have too much vitamin A. This means you should avoid eating liver and liver products such as pâté and avoid taking supplements containing vitamin A or fish liver oils (which contain high levels of vitamin A).

You need some vitamin A, but if you have too much during pregnancy, this could harm your unborn baby. Ask your GP or midwife if you would like more information.

You should also avoid eating shark, swordfish and marlin and limit the amount of tuna you eat.

Don't eat more than two tuna steaks a week (weighing about 140g cooked or 170g raw) or four medium-size cans of tuna a week (with a drained weight of about 140g per can).

This is because of the levels of mercury in these fish. At high levels, mercury can harm an unborn baby's developing nervous system

ooh i hate tuna and liver - so that doesn't matter!!! LOL :p i think i'll get some folic acid then - so excited!!!

It is recommended that you have been taking folic acid 3 months before ttc - it is very important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->