Things I will/won't miss about being pregnant

Brunette Boo

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm 22 weeks today and were told last week that we were expecting a boy :blue:. I've loved feeling him moving about over the last week. I think that will be the thing I miss most about being pregnant. I usually sit quietly at the beginning & the end of the day & wait for him to stir.

Things I won't miss are, of course, the dreaded MS, the post nasal drip & my newest symptom, sharp pain running down my right leg when I move (pelvic girdle pain???).

What other surprises are in store over the next 18 weeks?

18 weeks! Eek!

H x

I WONT miss the bursting in to tears for no apparent reason, being super snappy and the boob/nipple pain.

I'm only just out of first tri, so yet to experience too many great things, but I will deffo miss my little niece rubbing my belly and talking to my bean :)

Im looking forward to my first beer!

Now that I can feel her movements more, I'll miss that.

I realized it just makes me smile to feel her kicking about in there :)

This is our 3rd and final baby so I have been thinking about this a lot.

What I wont miss - the horrid metallic taste I get when I eat anything sweet. The aches and pains you get throughout that just get worse and worse until simply getting out of bed becomes an epic challenge. The endless blood tests, Dr's appointments and midwife assessments that I have to have due to my thyroid problems.

What I will miss - The feelings of movements, the bump and the generally 'bloom' you get while pregnant. Seeing the scans and sharing the news with family and friends. The amazing feeling of creating another life and being solely responsible for it. The planning, preparation and excitement surrounding the new arrival - no matter how many times you do it, I think this bit is still like Christmas and birthday all rolled into one!

The one thing I'm really pre-occupied with, is the fact that this is the last time I will experience birth. To begin with I was all for a planned c-section. I've done it twice and felt like I'd earned my stripes, but now I'm actually leaning towards going for a natural approach again. Childbirth is amazing and while painful, each one is different and I believe it's the start of that relationship with your child. However they come into the world, it's an experience you will always share (even though one of you will remember it! lol). I know that's a bit hippy dippy, but that's how I feel.

After I had my first baby, the only thing I missed about being pregnant was the excitement of knowing there's a baby on the way! It's also really nice getting to have the baby allllllll to yourself for a while. But, I didn't miss anything else. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->