Things said to you when you told people you were pregnant?

Virginer

Reaction score
I'm 7 weeks as of tomorrow, I've had some crazy things said to me by multiple people in my life including
"Why don't you just take birth control!"
"You know. . . you have options. Oh you don't want those options? Here's all the reasons you should."
and my favorite is by the father of "Give the test 2 more minutes. It'll go negative." (He's not in our lives)
Am I alone in the crazy things people say?

Well I'm not a teenager (33). My favorites were people asking if it was on purpose, if I was too old to have a baby, if we were going to rush into a second pregnancy to have one of both gender, if I was disappointed in not having a girl. (Not even a tiny bit). And if everything was okay because I'm not huge yet. People suck. At every age and in all kinds of situations.

The most irritating thing people have said to me this pregnancy is, "Don't you know what causes that yet?!" Like yes, yes I do... Shocking, I know.

I was 17 when I got pregnant with DD, 18 when I had her, but I look very young - like 15 or 16. I was constantly getting disgusted looks and comments about how "all of today's kids were stupid enough to get knocked up".

The best was when I was watching a friend's 2 kids - one was nearly 2, the other just a few months old, and I was noticeably pregnant. A couple of old ladies stopped me in the mall and chastised me and told me birth control was invented for a reason. My hands were going to be so full, and my parents must not care what I do to get pregnant that many times. I just smiled and told them no, they loved caring for all of them, including the other five I had at home, and walked off.

I am so glad I didn't have comments like this, well not to my face! People are nosey and feel like everyone needs their opinion. Keep your head held high and brush it off. :hugs:

How I see it is half these girls mainly are having sex. They just haven't gotten pregnant yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->