Things they don't tell u about c-sections - Dont read if ur already scared!

Not the same as my experience, I had disolvable stitches and a month of injections! Don't be scared though girls, I promise - it's fine! :)

I had no injection afterwards. I do remember in recovery though that they pushed on my stomach every 15 minutes to see if I was still bleeding. That HURT. :growlmad:

i had a emerceny section and i had to inject myslef in stomach but it hurt like a bugger so mentioned it to midwife and she told me to do it in arm which was obviously not painful and tender unlike stomach but other than the lovely catheter or designer handbag as i called it i was fine

Everyones experiences are very different - but mine wasn't at all like the OP. The only thing I can relate to was the swelling of the ankles and legs - I took off the flight socks as soon as I got home as I was mobile - all I had to worry about was not picking up anything heavy - I would say that I was fit and able 100% completely by week 3 - but that is not to say I was 0% leading up to that - to be honest with you anyone who has to or who wants to have a c-section I see no problem in it - I had an emergency so didn't really read up on it at all - it was all fine - the only problem i encountered was that because mine was an emergency - the 3 other ladies on my ward took an immediate dislike to me because theirs were planned c sections and they didn't get theirs when they were told because I had pushed there slots out - shame! xx

Seriously?? What a bunch of twunts. My planned section was pushed back due to an EMCS but I didn't mind, as I told the mw who walked us to theatre, I was that person 3 years ago.

I overheard that the person booked in after me was kicking up a stink while I was waiting in the assessment unit though.

i waited for an extra 4 hours due to a complicated twin emergency section they were in there for ages and i was so worried for this woman i'd never met, I'd never kick up a fuss an emergency is called that for a reason. some people are just so silly

What a bunch of twunts.

:rofl: Thats a new one to me!!! :haha:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Agreed though, as if people can moan, what do they want to be prioritised over a mum/baby in distress/emergency ~ Stupid 'Twunts' :growlmad:

I can understand being anxious to get the surgery over with and to meet your baby but to actually resent a woman who was in an emergency situation? Sheesh. I know pregnancy hormones can make a woman irrational but c'mon, people! Those ladies would be the first ones to push their way to the front of the line if they were the ones in crisis.

I still get stomach/abdominal pains from time to time but my SiL who has had two vaginal births told me she gets the same thing. Having babies is hard!!!

I didn't have any of the things mentioned by OP but i didn't have a good time of it. One of the worse things for me was the fact that i seemed to bleed afterwards for ages - i actually went back after 9 weeks as i was still spotting. No one told me i'd bleed afterwards.

I also hated the fact i couldn't pick my baby up - OH had to pass he to me for feeds etc.
My baby sling was a life saver for me - i couldn't push the pram very well but i could carry him in the sling really easily.

I still get pain 4 1/2 years on though which really annoys me but on the plus side my scar is so neat that your wouldn't know i'd had a section :)

My baby sling was a life saver for me - i couldn't push the pram very well but i could carry him in the sling really easily.

Which baby sling did you use? :shrug: I need to buy a new one, as the babybjorn one makes LOs feet 'get me' right on my scar :wacko:

Erm actually most of those things weren't true for me. No belly injections, no swelling, dissolvable stitches, and could get up kerbs just fine x

Um yeh me too no needles and drains etc. I had staples externally too and didnt even feel them take them out (really tidy too) :winkwink:

You poor girl tho your experience sounds awful!

Echo the constipation ARGH I was screaming!

I had no idea they sometimes use forceps in the wound. They had to drag Matthew out and I was being lifted off the table and everything. Probably has something to do with him being back to back, angled funny and 10lb 8oz lol!

Which baby sling did you use? :shrug: I need to buy a new one, as the babybjorn one makes LOs feet 'get me' right on my scar :wacko:

We have a Moby and a mei tai sling. Both of them hold Ollie higher than my section scar as they tie at around belly button height and he has his feet tucked inside them both at the moment. I prefer the Moby for newborn but if I'm having to rush out of the door to collect madam from nursery, the mei tai is often quicker.

I was taken by supprise after I had my emergency c-sec by all the things that happend to me that I'd never heard of or read about, so just wanted to share.....
3 c-sec messes up your digestion and your not supposed to eat normally straight away! They give you all this info whilst your looking at your new born and it goes in one ear, out the other.....end result worse constipation!!!

4 your ankles and feet can swell up! I literally looked like the guy out of nutty professor when he balloons up, cankles were an understatement! Couldn't walk or bend or go upstairs for about 3 weeks!!!! Does make looking after a new baby quite difficult, especially if you keep dropping things and can't pick them up :wacko:

5 I had a drain in my wound afterwards which they remove the next day...... VERY painfull, they only told me about the drain when they came to remove it "this will probably be quite painfull" oh thanks!!!!

6 day 5 midwife comes to visit, "I'm going to remove your bead stich now" wtf! Another painfull process I had no idea about!

Midwife books you an appointment, to come to the clinic! Erm I can't drive for 6 weeks and how am I supposed to walk with balloon feet :nope:

Finally start to feel better and venture out for a stroll with your new baby/pram! Your stomach muscles don't allow you to get the pram up kerbs :dohh: you get half way down the road and actually a realise you feel very ill, and now have to try and survive the walk back!

SO! Anyone who thinks having a c-section is an easy option, ha think again!
But why don't they tell you any of this in the books :shrug:

yep I agree with most but a couple didnt apply to me

no one said not to eat normally but yes I did have constipation, well not really uncomfortable just didnt go for a few days but it was easily resolved with senakot.

my ankles, legs and feet were horrendous but only for 2 days. the more I moved around, the quicker they went down.

I didn't have a drain, not sure why but didnt need it.

my stitches are disolvable and midwfe has signed me off so nothing to be removed. the mw and hv have all come out to me as I can't drive so no issues there.

I've taken the pram out and had no problems but it is a bugaboo cam so very light. even went on the bus to town on Monday.

p.s. I had my c section 4 weeks ago wed just gone.

Also if anyone is worried about the catheter, dont be, you really can't feel it. just a pain to carry around with you if you decide to walk anywhere before it comes out.

I had to go to the MW to be signed off - apparently our surgery discourage her going out to see patients now. My HV was appalled that I had to walk there and said she would come out as often as needed until I could drive.

Oh my...I had a c-section 7 months ago and have to say it was a complete and utter walk in the park compared to what I was expecting. I can relate to you in the sence that the constipation was really the worst of it and the first bowel movement after the surgery but I was walking, driving and doing everything else imaginable within the first few days. I did not use any pain meds once discharged from the hospital and my stitches were disolvable and therefore didn't need to be removed, they just went away on their own. My scar is super small and I am really really glad to have had a c-section, I know I sound crazy but...I'm quite happy with not having had any stitches or tears in my foof. The other sucky part about the c-section was indeed the swelling in the legs and feet but as for everything else, it was very easy for me and I have ZERO pain tolerance.

I didn't have any constipation. Possibly this was because I had been on iron tablets for anaemia since 20 weeks but after my section they said myt iron levels were fine and I didn't need them any more. After the iron constipation the post section pooing was a relief lol.

i had to have an emergency c-sec i didnt know i had a caffiter in or drain. one midwife tried to take drain out but it was to painful so had to go get another to hold my tummy up then they didnt tell you that you still bleed from down below as if yo had a natural delivery. so after 2 days of sitting inbed (as they also riped my uterus and not told me) i had to have a transfusion they dragged me up and i hemoraged all over the floor and had to walk down the corridor to have a bath. was sent home as usual and the day i had stitches out i noticed the scar had a smell told mw it was infected and was told it wasnt. and after a week of back and to to the hospital they finaly said yes it was. i was 6 weeks behind with the healing and on diferent antibiotics for about 8 weeks or more.

i didnt have c-section yet but im going to have 1 in few weeks reason me choosing it is my first vaginal birth was very traumatic 47 h active labour i tear really badly i had episiotomy and forseps in the end my foof was messed up and dont want to go through anything like that anymore and i dont care about constipations curbs driving or walking i want cs and thats my choise i dont want to feel messed up again and dont feel like a woman.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0...de=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B000ZZU0M8

We had one of these. The straps are a nightmare until you get used to them. But that only takes a couple of days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->