Things to have at home for a Home Birth

A mirror might be handy for looking under the water. My MWs asked me to have one on hand but I couldn't find one. If you do spot one tho, chuck it in the box :)

i was told to have a change mat on a table near a light in case bubba needs any checks/resus.

Ooo I wasn't told to have that, but I WAS told to have a flat, firm surface set up for that reason. Also to have somewhere that they could do paperowrk.... All this was discussed in the last few weeks and a MW brought a big yellow box of stuff round with a list of things they would like us to have on hand.... (Oh, the nostalgia! My ovaries are aching!)

ive got a changing unit that the mw can put baby on after hes born so i dont have to worry about that.

im going to the shops today to get afew more bits and pack my homebirth bag :S is all getting abit too real hahaha

As much as we're banging on about stuff you really dont NEED to get much, most of it is in your house anyway.

You will NEED some waterproof stuff and some towels the rest will be around anyway its just a matter of putting in in one place so you're not hunting for it.

i went to get afew bits today and the only cheap towels i could find are white :S so i didnt get many and im going on the hunt for black cheap towels

I love this thread thank you! my midwife is not back in the country until I´m 35 weeks so this is very helpful to feel a bit more prepared while waiting for her to be back and tell me all I need!

Yeah, most if it is "stuff that is handy to have, if you can" rather than, (cue big booming voice:) "YOU NEED THIS, IT IS ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL!"

Yeah, most if it is "stuff that is handy to have, if you can" rather than, (cue big booming voice:) "YOU NEED THIS, IT IS ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL!"

ESSENTIAL = BISCUITS

nuff said

^^WSS.... +tea/coffee/champers/cider!!!!!

Telephone number for the chinese takeaway.

ive just got lots of tea and coffee in, i dont drink the stuff myself.....and wooo ive got a number for a good chinesse i might have to use it lol

paper plates+plastic cutlery!!

im lazy i have a dishwasher for someone to stick everything in when im done eating hahahah

me too i couldnt live without it now either!!!!

we tried to live without one. it was ohs turn to do the kitchen and he didnt want to so i went out and bought a dishwasher hahaha

it broke once i was gutted but oh fixed it, now i have content insurance i can just call a man out to fix it for me lol

altho i might have to buy lots of kettles to fill my pool up as my boiler is f*cked and landlord brings round a cowboy who does f all. so im living without hot water or heating atm.

oh shit thats bad timing... although fx'ed he will pull his fingers out and get it sorted in time.... who wants a pissed of pg woman on thier case!!!!

oh shit thats bad timing... although fx'ed he will pull his fingers out and get it sorted in time.... who wants a pissed of pg woman on thier case!!!!

hopefuly hes got the hint that im not going to be a easy tenant lol i expect to get a working house for my money.

hes ignored my text so i going to call him now, i cudnt give a crap its a bank holiday

I barely saw hubby after I had Dewi and he was on leave...he was out buying and fitting a dishwasher LOL wouldnt be without it now.

The chinese we ordered when we got home was lush, mind you we ewre allowed to order one into the birth centre with Dewi that was lush too.

let us know how you get on

i think we will be having a bottle of fizz (ill have a long craved cider!!) and a chinese after she arrives.. all to be consumed in bed too :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->