Things we love about bf

Perplexed

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
We've talked about difficulties and challenges and I've certainly talked about how i don't love bf. but I'm sure most of us have moments that we really cherish and things that we really love and this is where we could share them. It doesn't mean that we don't still have some struggles. I'll start:
- I love that it's fast and all I have to do to feed baby is take boob out.
- I love that she will sometimes latch on by herself and that it's become natural
- I love the way she looks when she nurses. Whether her eyes are closed or open, she looks relaxed.
- I love that she will sometimes hold my breast or my finger with her little hand
- I love that it will calm her down if she's startled
- once when she was younger, the act of being placed on my lap made her look excited and she started kicking with her legs- she knew boobie was coming.
- I love that it's best to keep nursing when I'm ill, was amazed to learn this.

What do you/did you love about bf?

I night feed sitting up but yes they are pretty easy I agree!

I've got pretty big boobies and when LO is feeding she likes to hold my boob with both of her arms. Whenever shes done she pulls off, keeps a hold of my boob, and smacks her head back on my boob like its a pillow and grins. It's so cute and looks like shes giving my boob a hug and saying Thank You. lol

I love everything about it. No complaints here!

I love the closeness, I love the fact that only I can do it for him, I love that it comforts him, I love that I am providing LO with the health benefits, I love how easy it is (once you get going)... It has been one of my life's greatest joys and I would not trade it for anything!!! :happydance:

I was just thinking about some of the negatives that I'm currently experiencing, so this thread was a nice relief. So I will add :)

I love how when he wants boobie he will grab the top of my shirt and smush his face into my clothed breast.

He will stroke and massage me while he nurses.

When he is done he will pull off, sigh, and give me a huge smile.

I love that night feeds entail me pulling my shirt aside and falling back to sleep!

Lovely thread.

I love that I can feed him anywhere and I never have to worry about where I'm going to be.
I love that when I get him weighed I know that all the chunk he's putting on is because of me (well and some solids now!).
I love the excited giggle and lip smacking he does when he knows he's getting boob!
I love when I talk to him while he's feeding and he raises his eyebrows at me.
I love that it only takes 5 minutes and when I want to run out of the house all I need is a packet of wipes and a couple of nappies.

I've got pretty big boobies and when LO is feeding she likes to hold my boob with both of her arms. Whenever shes done she pulls off, keeps a hold of my boob, and smacks her head back on my boob like its a pillow and grins. It's so cute and looks like shes giving my boob a hug and saying Thank You. lol

Aww that's cute. They like to snuggle with the boob sometimes don't they!

Why yes they do! lol

And why not? It's warm, soft, comforting and makes their bellies full. Like how I feel about pudding lol

Why yes they do! lol

And why not? It's warm, soft, comforting and makes their bellies full. Like how I feel about pudding lol

Mental images of a grown woman snuggling a bowl of pudding is disturbing, to say the least! :)

I love how easy it is (now!) when out and about, no preparing bottles etc
i love how excited she gets when she sees booby
the way she unlatches to grin up at me
the sleepy snuggles if she falls asleep

I'm struggling with bf and this has inspired me to plough on hoping that one day it becomes easier....

Thanks all!!

I love that I am feeding my baby her own special formulation tailored to her exact needs
I love that I have grown her from a tiny cell to a grown baby purely all by myself until 5.5m when we started food.
I love it when she holds my boob, pulls it out her mouth, smiles then dives back on!
I love that she's now started pulling my top when it's her morning or afternoon feed, no need to clock watch
I love that no matter where we are, what we're doing I have her food, on tap.
I freaking love that I have not spent ££££££££ on formula
And lastly, I love that I have fed my human baby, human milk!

I love all the things listed, a lot of which my little guy does (except using my boob as a pillow his heads too big now :-( but he did this when he was tiny, was how I knew he'd finished!) especially how "handsy" he is with the boob lol!

To add some new;
I love the cute little tiny baby sounds he makes when he's rooting to go back on in his sleep when he wants to nap-feed! lol

I love it when he smiles at me with a mouthful of milk and it dribbles everywhere and makes him giggle!

He's a very windy baby so when I have to take him off to wind him (he tries to persevere lol!) I love how stroppy he gets! Just shows how much he loves it!

Oh and I love the noises he makes when he's really enjoying it now :) such a noisy feeder but soooo cute!

I know this ones been said but learning to feed laying down was the best thing ever! Lol!

Becki x

I'm struggling with bf and this has inspired me to plough on hoping that one day it becomes easier....

Thanks all!!

Glad you are inspired! Hopefully soon you'll add your own special moments <3

I love everything about it. No complaints here!

I love the closeness, I love the fact that only I can do it for him, I love that it comforts him, I love that I am providing LO with the health benefits, I love how easy it is (once you get going)... It has been one of my life's greatest joys and I would not trade it for anything!!! :happydance:

That's wonderful to hear. Hopefully in a few months I'll say the same!

If we're having a tiring night I can bring him into bed with me and go back to sleep while he feeds - then when he's done he snuggles in to use my boob as a pillow!

ETA - actually my ultimate favourite thing is that I can participate in this thread. Last time although I was so difficult with DD, 3 months of agony due to thrush, problems from reflux and with hindsight I think an undiagnosed tongue and lip tie finally resulted in total nursing strike and a further month of desperate unsuccessful pumping.

I'm so glad we've got to 6 weeks (well tomorrow it will be) and despite some early problems (fixed a tongue tie) and ongoing issues (still got a lip tie and a fast flow making him latch off) but I can actually find things to love about bf :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->