Things you assume are common sense, but aren't?

youngone

Reaction score
What are some really common obvious things you thought everyone knew, but were surprised to learn that actually, some people don't know?

For example my ex had no clue that having your period means your not pregnant... I was moody so he was asking me to take a pregnancy test, but he knew I had my period :dohh: he couldn't understand why I wasn't worried!

Nutrition facts are ones that constantly annoy me- more of the medias fault misguiding people with their BS 'healthy' advertising agendas though. Like people thinking deep fried sushi is good for them :nope:

(side note; please can we not make this about spelling?:haha: thanks!)

Share yours!!

Up until recently my mum believed that our lungs are in our necks :/

And my best friend thought gravity made things float

Most of the time these things are common sense but people just don't have any. Xx

Cracking bones is just air between them and doesnt cause arthritis.

My sister didn't know a stamp was to pay for postage

Up until I was 19 I had no idea that you could only get female cows :blush:

I'm not sure many people use the correct terminology for cattle it's a big complicated.
Xx

My sister still doesn't know when a program is ending or whether it's just a break. Credits at the end of the show seem to allude her. She's 26!

OH didnt realise the pill stops me getting pregnant, just thought it stopped my periods.... only problem is we had this conversation while i was on my period.. :dohh:

I had to ask a friend once if cabbages grew on trees...gardening is not my strong suit!

I had to tell my mum then difference between being bipolar and being bisexual...

Ummm...my first boyfriend thought that when you had your period it was like just going for a wee(if only!!!)

and I worked with someone,who had 2 kids,and genuinely thought erections were actual bone...

The way some people park.

I had a friend ask me where your brain was when I had asked her not to stick stuff up her nose it could be dangerous. She was serious. One of many stupid things she said in her 20s.

People that walk past the "private property " sign for a walk in the garden , the signs mean you arnt allowed in.

Cyclists who cycle on the road beside the bike path made for them?? why?

girls who wear massive heals to festivals, mud stones etc.

I had to explain to my brother that Lassie is a girl and Bambi is a boy. Blew his mind.

My sister (19) thought donkey's turned into horses when they grew up :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->