Things you assume are common sense, but aren't?

When I first met my husband he said he was going to the book makers and I said I needed a new book too... He never let me forget that one
Page stamp one is too funny :)

These are so funny!

My friend didn't understand why there were no trees at the beach as she thought that pebbles grew on them!!

I asked my friend if she knew who Obama was and she said 'his wife has got something to do with parliament' :/

When Google bought YouTube my sister misheard the news and told me that Google now owned U2... :)

A work colleague didn't realise the film "Pompeii" was based on true events. I was chatting about the real Pompeii and her response was "Oh is Pompeii a remake?" Ermm not exactly

I thought Jamaica was in Africa until a few years ago. My uncle is Jamaican and I swear hr told me that when I was a kid.

That sheep dont have wonky legs to balance on hills. I had to explain that to DH when he was 21 as his Dad had told him when he was little they were.

That you dont get a new birth certificate when you get married. I asked that when I got engaged at seventeen :dohh:

Our kids dont stand a chance :haha:

When I was little I always used to think a backwash (when you have a drink and spit it back in the cup) was actually called a batwash and that a tiny little bat had a bath in your drink so you don't drink it. :dohh:

I thought Jamaica was in Africa until a few years ago. My uncle is Jamaican and I swear hr told me that when I was a kid.

omg i just had to look this up. I also had no idea that Egypt was in Africa, i still cant get my head around that one.

Well dont no if this comes under common sense but i seriously thought when my mum said ' dont make that face, if the wind changes it will stick like that' .... i just assumed this was true until like last year and im 24!

As a child (ummm 5) my brother had long hair, i asked him why he didnt cut it, he told me hed bleed to death. I believed him and didnt hsve mine cut for about 7 years

We had 2 jugs. 1 was a litre and other 2 litre. Making jelly (or something) 1 day i asked a mate to get me a pint of water, she asked if i wanted a big pint or a little pint - that was 8 years ago and we've still not let it go

That sheep dont have wonky legs to balance on hills. I had to explain that to DH when he was 21 as his Dad had told him when he was little they were.

That you dont get a new birth certificate when you get married. I asked that when I got engaged at seventeen :dohh:

Our kids dont stand a chance :haha:

My Dad told me that Haggis' had wonky legs so they could run round the tops of Mountains...I remember telling my Teacher at School (She was Scottish) when I was about 7 years old.

When we were young and my parents took us to the beach we would write our ages in the sand so my name and 6 my Bros name and 4 and dad age 21, I honestly thought he was 21 (he was far from 21!)
What's worse was next year at the beach he would still write 21 and I still thought he was 21.
He laughed so hard when I told him that!

:haha: Lindsey.

hayz my Granddad use to tell me he was 21, I was so confused when one day and asked him how he was 21 and my dad was 30 something :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->